GRG220DEX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG220DEX

Purchased from: Rhapsody Valley Music Centre

I'm using it with Ibanez 10G amp and Dean Markley amp. Sounds perfect as two different amps have different tonalities but still GRG220DEX can scream with both amps. Played couple of times live and hell yeah, I'm going top use it forever man since that this guitar provide me with comfortable feel and sound. Better than LTD for sure. Recently I'm using it with Boss ME-25. What I can say is, I feel like a star man. Great sounding.

I play rock and metal most of the time, but sometimes will jamm in normal ballad songs. So whatever it is, this guitar definitely serve me well. I have been using this GIO baby for 4 years and I think it is better than Epiphone and LTD. Get one and play like a pro.

Yes, can be use to play live for sure. I don't so that I'll put the guitar aside if I have opportunity to play bigger shows. Because I really like this guitar. We don't judge guitars by the price or brand, but we judge it by the feel and sound. Anyway, we salute a player most of the time by its playing and not the gears ok. Players with expensive gears but play like shit equal to bad players. you get what I mean? I changed the Bridge so far because I heavily used it for dive bomb and ended up I damaged it. But so far the overall for the guitar is fine.

Everything pretty Standard for the set up good for everything but since that I love challenges so I set up strings to higher gauge while still playing in Standard E. 010 and 011. Very nice to play chords and distortion. The only flaw is the imperfect paint job inside the wiring system section. But who cares, it covered by the plastics.

Made in China. Bought it in 2007. 24 frets, very fast fret but if you wanna play 24th, have to angle the hands abit since that it is originally don't have Custom cutaway. Bass Wood body, perfect for RG shaped guitars. Due to the vibration that can be very comfortable travel around the guitar body. Two humbuckers, perfect combination to play stuffs like Dream Theater, Racer X, or even Symphony X. Actually can play anything, but these the bands I can refer to due to my fav music. I have my black night color for it and it just looks brutally metal man.

MaggaraMarine
    iSyantoy wrote: actually i have this guitar almost a year now.. when my friends saw where it was made they said that my guitar was pirated cause it was made in CHINA cause they told me that ibanez guitars are made in Japan. but i have no problems with this guitar sounds pretty well so i just told them that almost anything in this world are made in china.. lol.. even the ibanez gigbag that i've bought in ZZounds.com is also made in china. so now my question is are these ibanez grg220dex that we have are really authentic? and tnx ruchitya for answering my first question! hope you will answer my question again.. tnx a lot more power!
    Ibanez Gio series is made in China, the Prestige series is made in Japan. But in the 80's and early 90's I think all the Ibanezes were made in Japan.
    juggernaut88
    This guitar is seriously freakin awesome.....had this for 2 years now and have never had any complaint(apart from the regulars...floyd rose blah blah). and i seriously cant believe the differnet number of tones it can dial in
    lacerated womb
    This guitar is a sweet piece of shit. Sweet cause it is capable of putting out some wicked tones and Shit cause the tuning keeps getting outta control but remains stable if its locked down
    Rian_lead
    juz bought it a few days ago..my first floyd rose guitar..n it makes me crazy juz to set it up..however..it's juz great for now..eventhought the sound wasn't as good as i expected..