GRG250DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG250DX

Purchased from: GAK(I think)

This guitar sounds brilliant. It sounds especially good on the metal channels (obviously, It's an Ibanez) the neck makes shredding and things like fast riffs alot easier. I play ALOT of Metal, MOstly Bullet For My Valentine, and this guitar is PERFECT for it. I also use it for Rock n' Roll, such as KISS, Guns n' Roses, U2, Aerosmith ect. the guitar deals with all genres expertly.

I highly recommend this guitar! If it were stolen I would track down him who stole it and rip his ballsack off. Then get another one if I couldn't find it. I own a DigiTech RP-350 and a Fender frontman amp, but I'm planning on selling the amp and FX proscescor(More baad spelling) and Getting a Vox Valvetronix VT30 amplifire and a Boss GT-10 FX Prosesscor(<----Sorry again). And I think it will fit perfectly. The guitars price is abseloutly STUNNING. BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY. This guitar isn't really for beginners because of the complicated bridge and locking nut, But, except for that, wether your a bedroom-gigger or Kirk Hammett. This guitar is the one :-)

I've had this guitar for a couple of months and I haven't had any problems with it so I guess 10.

I haven't adjusted anything except for the string height for when I drop-tune, But it is relativley( sorry I can't spell ) easy. The most annoying thing is the tremolo (or whammy) bar. the bridge doesn't go out of tune easily by using it, which is good, but there are no threads on th whammy bar so sometimes it just drops out of the bridge in the middle of a song, so bare that in mind.

This guitar is amazing. 24 frets, humbuckers, locking tremolo bridge, and an almost wizard ( the famous Ibanez neck ) quality neck. On scale with the pric of the actual wizard necked guitars, this one is probably better. It's a Strat but not the classical Fender american strat, it's the trademark Ibanez Strat. The pickup inlays and spikes which is always a nice feature. One of the brilliant things about the bridge is the ability to change the string height, which makes hammer ons and pull offs alot easier with barely any effort. If you play normally with standard-E tuning, then thats saving you alot of trouble necause if you want to drop tune this guitar you have to losen the nut, higher the strings, tune it in, the tighten the nut again. But the annoying thing is, Ibanez don't even give you the right allen key to do ANY of this so you might need to take this into consideration before getting this guitar.

bloodshreded
    My current guitar is a "Epiphone Special 2" which i had for one year (ive soon been playing for 2 years) and i am gonna try the Ibanez on moday, its so exiting! but im planning to buy a "Peavey VYPYR 30" amplifier, someone who owns this amp? if, then PM me w/ ur comments, btw, i play mostly metal.