GRG270B review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG270B

Purchased from: Opus 400

I play punk and metal. The two humbuckers sound brilliant for both, thought I tend to use the single coil for the lighter punk. I only use distortion with it and it sounds awesome. The humbuckers are very thick and full and give an amazing sound. My amp is a 38 watt, but still the sound is briliant. Unlike my last guitar (Squier Standard Strat) it gives very little unwanted feedback or buzzing. The neck is good for bends and the whammy bar can reely go far. Harmonics also sound good. However apart from that it gives very little variety.

This guitar is brilliant for punk rock and the metal fits in quite necely as well. I've been playing more than 2 years now and as a second guitar I couldnt have asked for anything better. My distortion pedal sounds amazing with it and I cant wait to start playing small gigs (at freinds hosue, backyard etc). If I lost this guitar I would be devastated. I would buy it again, but not all of us have the kinds of money just to buy it again. I love the look of he guitar and the sound. The amp makes amazing sounds with this guitar and it will be with me a long time. The only thing I hate is that I didnt get it earlier! But seriously my only problems with it are that the humbucker is a bit loose, and the locking tuners make it difficlt to keep in tune if I want to change the tuning. Compared to my Squier Standard Strat this guitar is amazing. I play it all the the time and show it off to my friends because everyone loves it. I always have people asking me to show it them or for them to play it.

The guitar withstand me blasting it through the amp very well. Also the pick-ups don't get out of place and the controls etc. keep put when I'm jamming with friends. We love to go nuts and the guitar withstands it very well. The hardware is fitted in place so nicely I'm hoping to own this guitar for years. The strap buttons don't mess around at all. I used to have to screw them in all the time but these stay put. As I said earlier it withstands my jamming. This finish should last a while and hasnt shown any signs of wear yet at all. Hopefully this will stay.

The guitar is fitted very nicely. The tuning knobs stay put and the locking tuners reely work well! I've had to tune my guitar maybe three times and I've had it for about month, compared to my old guitar which I had to tune about 3 times a week. One of the humbuckers is slighty loose, but the others are fitted well and ajusted nicely. The pick-up slelctor is quite noisy, but those are reely the only flaws. I am impressed at the improvement from my Squier.

This guitar is one of Ibanez's new models. Made in 2004 it was made in Indonesia. The neck has 24 thin frets on maple wood. The body is maple wood solid-top. The body is a cut away at the top and bottom that end in two pointed ends. It has a locking tuning system and the strings are held in with a clamp. There are two unnamed knobs: one for volume and one for tone. It also contains a 5 way selector for the H-S-H style pick-ups. The guitar came with four allen keys: (for the locks, clamps, bolted neck and another for the bridge). It also came with a whammy bar and a spring. The cutaway body is comfortable and not very heavy.