GRG270B review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG270B

Purchased from: Local Music Shop

I play rock/metal most the time so this guitar suits me fine. I use a Valvestate 8080 with this guitar and it sounds fantastic but I have played through other amps and my guitar has sounded fine. The pickups can't handle too much gain, they start giving massive amounts of feedback. I have a very heavy sounding EQ setting (Bass full, No Mid, Full Treble, Half Contour, Full Gain, Quarter Reverb) and it makes this guitar sound fantastic, very full, not very warm, basicly no sustain. If you put your amp on clean it isnt as good, you need to have a few effect pedals to make it sound nice so not much variety.

Well compared with my other guitar which is a Vox Standard 25 this guitar is beautiful to play, compared to a lot of other guitars this is very nice to play. I play metal and it suits that perfectly but cleans on this guitar are pretty bad. I have been playing for just over a year now and this has been my main axe, I have a Vox Standard 25 which isnt as nice a guitar. Well this could go either way really but I wish this guitar didn't have a floyd on it so I could change this guitars tuning easily but if I hadnt of had a floyd I wouldn't have learnt as much as I did so I don't think I do really. If this were stolen I would be gutted, I don't think I would get this guitar again, I think I would get a model higher up like a RGT42DXFX. I love the fact that it is sooo comfortable to play but I hate the cheap bridge. I would recomend this guitar to anyone Who is starting out, it is a beginner guitar.

I have had this guitar for a year and a few months and apart from a few minor flaws it works fine so I would think it would widthstand Live playing. I take this guitar to and from school about 3 times a week and there has been no problems. The bridge is a cheap Ibanez bridge and is terrible so I can't see that lasting long. The tuners are fine and are pretty good for a low end model. I don't play much standing up so idon't know how good the strap locks are but they seem pretty solid. It isnt a good idea to play a gig without a backup and I always would but I think it would be fine.

Well when I got it I don't think it was set up very well, the bridge wasn't level, badly out of tune, action was quiet high, but all of that was easy to fix. The 2 humbuckers were well set up but the single in the middle was too high, if you were to palm mute your plectrum would hit the pickups. The paint was well done for both the headstock and the body. The pickup selector is very noisy, some of the frets buzz, one of the tone knobs spins too much. The bridge is the worst part, even with the locking sysytem at the top even the slightest whammying sends it out of tune.

Flyby8
    Gonna buy this one, next week. It's gonna' be my first electric guitar. Do you think it's worth it? 'Cause till now I only played with Accoustic, nylon strings Valencia guitar.