GRG270B review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG270B

I play rock alternative and metal and this guitar suits all three types well. I play thru a Line 6 spider 3 30watt and it's built in efects. the guitar has a very warm sound on the front pickup a very twangy sound on the single coil and a normal trebley sound on the bridge pickup. a awsom all round sound.

This guitar suits what I play perfectley. when I got it from the shop the sales man told me what I had to do to tune it and every thing like thet but I forgot to ask him how to re string it, which took me a long time to work out so if you don't already know ask in the shop. If my guitar was stolen I would find them and smash them round the head with my other guitar and if I couldn't find them I would again spend a long time saving up to buy a new one. my overall impresion is that it is an awsomw guitar.

I think this guitar would withstand Live playing but I'm only 12 so I've never giged before. the strap bottons are a lot beter than my old guitars and I don't need strap locks. if I ever do get the chance to gig I would probably only take this guitar A because it's reliable and B my other guitar is realy bad and it doen't sound very good. I think it is a verry reliable guitar!

The action on this guitar was brilliant! Compared to my stag nitro I didn't get any fret buzz and it is realy low. the neck wasn't bent the pickups at just the rite hight and they wern't lose. The guitar hardly ever goes out of tune because of the locking system but it takes a long time to Switch between tunings. the finish is good, just plain black. I've only had this guitar 1 month but I've bashed it a couple of times and the paint hasn't chipped away.

The Ibanez GRG270B was made in indonesia it has 24 frets rosewood fingerboard maple neck and basswood body. It is a super Strat shape with an Ibanez Locking trem it has a volume and tone nob both unmarked two humbuker pickups and one single coil and a five way pickup Switch. I got a strap allan keys lead and a gig bag with the guitar.

GuitarPlayer716
    Idk, I'm apprehensive about Ibanez guitars. I feel like everyone I know either has an amazing one, or a completely terrible guitar...and they aren't buying the low end models either.
    liampje
    big tip for the ppl who are gonna buy this: abuse your whammy bar as less as possible i did it non stop for 8 hours and my string broke....
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    dude...how da hell could somone aprove this reviews? It's not a ****ing fixed bridge cuz it has an termolo....duh :grr
    Mahatva
    Hey! can anyone tell me the difference b/w GRG270B & GRG270?? (except for the color... ofcourse)
    Not.the.same.
    hi i'm beginner- dont know much abt electric guitars but played quite a few times in studios. decided to get one for myself. i play mostly rock and a bit of pop(?). should i get epiphone les paul special II or the Ibanez GRG270??
    davidblackjuda2
    nah,i remove what i said,...Unbelievable,this piece of crap got 9.1 overall average rating!!i give it a 2, 1 mark for the price and 1 mark for overall,try tuning this shit after u got your frets replaced,the best electric tuner will go nuts.
    davidblackjuda2
    well nice guitar for the price i paid,anyway i didn't expect to get all what i wanted concerning the sound in particular for 270 euros,but its better than playing an old RG320
    Batze
    Buy this one i got it and it sounds perfectly when played clean but isnt limp bizkit much drop D? because the floydd rose sucks if you have to change tuning... I got one tip for everyone owning this guitar and doesnt know how to tune it: Take a thin, hard object and put it between Bridge and body... now the springs can not get out of balance. I use a Spoon to block my bridge while tuning or exchanging strings!
    liampje
    i got one tip for the ppl who just bought this guitar dont abuse your whammy bar for 8 hours non stop thats what happened to me.... i bought it 8 hours ago
    say5ss2
    This was my first guitar... and for a beginner its a great investment, especially if ur into metal and all... but there will come a time when ull want an upgrade. One drawback is the tremolo system... Its absolute shit (mind my language)... Plus if u mess around with the tremolo a bit too much it actually becomes quite moody. In the sense that it gives problems from time to time, ranging from tuning to fret buzz issues. I had mine checked by 5 different specialists and even they didnt couldnt figure out wat was the problem. Although their advise was that dont just bother with the tremolo, block it if u have to... If u want long lasting stable tuning that is...
    DANTE_DEMONHALF
    look guys..... which is better this one or the RG370?? I know that the RG370 is more expensive but dose it really worth it?
    Maxpaynner
    I recently bought a grg250dx, it's basically the same guitar, but it has a pickguard and a cooler design(and it's more expensive), I'm pretty happy with it but i'm gonna put some emg's in, the standard pickups are nice, but they just don't pack the punch I need xD
    Stvan
    Hello! I want to put an EMG H4 into my GRG270. Is it a good idea? I don'T know enything about the electronics. Please someone help me.
    Marzy Boy
    I Love My Ibanez GRG270B. i got it for xmas from my parents. if i lost this i wuld actually cry :L. i luv playing heavy metal and rock settings on my line 6 spider 3 are Treble: 10 Bass:3 Mid:5 Overdrive:9 when im playing clean stuff on it i always put the switch onto the 3rd position because i think it gives it a more twangy sound :L
    Logan_B
    sweeping_steve wrote: RHCPROCK! wrote: ive been looking at this guitar and the GRG170DX, is the only difference between them the bridge? please help! My second guitar was a GRG170DX and i would absolutely recommend it, it was a joy to play and still is five years later, neck was loverly, tuning was surprisingly stable for such a chap guitar and when set up correctly the tremolo was usable, if a little temperamental when set up to float. Sounded pretty nice too.
    Man.....the GRG170DX is the shit for how much i paid for it. I got it for 175 on a Christmas special back in 2006. Its still my first guitar, but when connected to a good amp, youd hardly believe the quality for the price. My guitar teacher was like holy shit when i told him how little i paid for it. He uses some sort of Vampire amp cant remember the actual brand and it sounds killer. Great sound, great tones, tuning stays for the most part, although the trem is a floating one, does put you out of tune if youre going crazy doing dive bombs etc...Its just a great all around guitar for anything from Rock to Metal. It can also do some pretty good clean tones when you use the single coil.
    sweeping_steve
    IbanezBoy95
    Hi guys. I want to buy electric ibanez. But i dont konw Grg170dx or Grg270B. Can you help me? Thnks