GRG270B review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG270B

Purchased from: Friend

I play various amount of genres, mainly progressive metal but when I used to play this guitar a lot, it was essentially plain metal. Speaking in the metal genre, I was running this guitar through a Zoom G1 in to a Marshall MG15FX if I can remember correctly and they guitar definitely had that hard rock/metal feel to it. The pickups were actually really decent for an Ibanez, very punchy pickups and much better than Infinities. When I played I did use a noise gate in my chain BUT, I have played this guitar through amps alone and the pickups really do help with added tone through my amp. Essentially, they aren't the best pickups obviously! But for an Ibanez, well done!

So I play everything from blues/jazz to hard rock/progressive metal and it does work well in all these genres, but perhaps that might only be because I do end up tweaking tones on my amp/pedal A LOT to get it ust right to my liking. Mainly, this guitar would be used for your metal. It looks it, feels it and definitely sounds it! If there was one thing I would have wanted to know more of before I bought it was the bridge but it doesn't really bother me anymore. I would definitely buy this guitar again if I'm honest but the fixed bridge version of course. Not only would I use it as a backup but also as my main!

YouTube preview picture

I have used this guitar a lot, including many gigs and has withstood very well. I have never had problems with the tuning going out (as it being a double locking) and nothing has ever really broken, maybe just the smallest paint scratches but nothing serious. They strap buttons are locked down pretty well and I can depend on using this guitar again at another gig without it breaking down. I have owned this guitar for a good 2 years now and there isn't any problems with it (yet!). But I can depend on this guitar as a backup too!

When I bought the guitar (from my friend) he knew what he was doing. It was in Drop D and the action and fit on the bridge was near enough perfect. As I said above, I do NOT think it is an Edge III, but it was "decent". You could certainly do your crazy dive bombs and such but the only problem was the smallest nudge on the bridge can bring the whole tuning down just the littlest bit. The rest of the guitar was clean and very well adjusted. No flaws at all except the bridge.

- Body: Basswood body - Bridge: Sites say it is an Edge III but I do not think it's correct -- Neck Specs: - Neck Type: GRG2 Maple neck - Fret: Medium frets - Scale: 648mm/25.5" - Width at Nut: 43mm - Width at Last Fret: 56mm (at 21 F) - Thickness at 1st: 19.5mm - Thickness at 12th: 21.5mm - Radius: 400mmR -- Pickups & Hardware: - Neck Pickup: PSND1 (H) neck pu - Middle Pickup: PSNDS (S) mid pu - Bridge Pickup: PSND2 (H) bridge pu - 1 Volume Control - 1 Tone Control - 5 Way Pickup Selector I've had this guitar for quite some time now, about two years and for a cheap, beginner guitar, it is actually quite a piece of work. Starting off with the pickups. Funnily enough, for a cheapo, the pups are quite punchy and add quite a nice hit to your tone. Much better than the infinity pickups on most Ibanez. The bridge, I doubt it is an Edge III because I have seen and used an Edge III before and they are similar but they are definitely different. I have had some problems with the bridge tuning wise, like, it stays in tune, but the slightest touch of the bridge pulls the whole tuning down just the littlest bit and also raises it. They are all intact but in entirely in say, standard. The rest of the guitar is nicely made and done well. I will give the features an 8 though because of the bridge. Otherwise it would have been a 9.

ahmed_jamss
    ibanez grg270b made in indonisia and its wonderful guitar . but grg270dx made in chaina and its very bad guitar