GRG270DX review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Ibanez: GRG270DX

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Its average, doesn't sound too good, but not too bad either. I've got a DOD 60 watt amp which is freaking loud but it doesn't sound amzing, average at best. I listen to a lot of Children Of Bodom and Metallica, rap too, but you can't play those on guitar, you'd need synthesizers for those. It's rather noisy, was thinking of changing the pickups and stuff but realised changing them and the floyd would cost more than the guitar itself, might as well just save up for new one of better quality.

I play rock and a little metal and have been playing for a year but I wish I had saved up a little more and gotten something a little better. If it were lost or stolen, I'd thank the guy Who stole it so I'd have a reason to buy a new guitar. I do like it's thin neck though since I've got really tiny hands. The only other guitar I compared it to was the GRG 270, chose this cos' it had pretty cool inlays! Well, can't blame me, I was a noob back then and this was my first guitar, when your young a foolish, you look at the aesthetics ahead of everything else don't you?

Yea, I guess it would stand Live playing, but if you were good enough to gig, you probably wouldn't have this for a guitar. But the hardware seems to last, the straps buttons have never slipped. I guess I wouldn't have a choice at a gig since I don't have a spare but yea, I guess it is good enough to gig with.

It was set up pretty nicely, low action typical of Ibanez guitars, but there were two major flaws. There were chips in the paint and tremolo arm just snapped off the bridge one fine day. Good thing they were nice enough to replace and fix everything at no extra cost.

It's a 24 fret, Strat style body, matt finished, basswood body, no idea what the neck is made of though. It's got a floyd rose licensed bridge, 2 humbuckers and a single coil in h-s-h configuration which are Ibanez stock pickups. A five way pickup selector, passive electronics and Standard tuners. No other accessories were included, damn cheapo Singaporeans!

nikhil101
    daryle_goh wrote: what's the difference between a grg170b and a grg270dx??
    only difference is thinner frets on the grg270dx
    unholy_love
    I was thinkin' of gettin' one of these. I've been playin' for a year and I like to play like Guns N roses, A7X, bad religion, stuff like that. Any sugestions on what guitar I shoukd get?
    srav
    daryle_goh wrote: what's the difference between a grg170b and a grg270dx??
    grg170 s don't have floyd rose