GRG270DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG270DX

The feel of this guitar is 100% dead on like any other RG. I have the dealer pulled out 5 of this guitars first and tried them all plus a prestige and got the one that I've lookin for. If you after the sound just replace the pickups and you have the expensive tone for a cheap price. This guitar will be with me for a long time.

Setup perfectly. I got it home, took it out of the box, it was in tune because I had no idea how to deal with a Floyd Rose so the guy at the music store taught me all that. Pickups are adjusted fine, I absolutely can't find anything to make negative comment about. Like one of the other reviewers I love the fact that there is no chrome at all on this guitar. Kinda gives it a dark and sinister look, which I love.

It gives you the straight features of a rg Ibanez guitar for a cheap price. Of course it's not a prestige model or even a Signiture jem or PG model. In truth it should be modified. I've tried countless prestige models and a couple of signiture series and to be honest it delivers the same prestige feel for me. It has a Locking tremolo ILT1 which I think should be replace to an edge trem. Mine has a Beautiful finish of silver which is very eye catchy. Imagine with an awesome finish for just a small price. When it was first reslease back in 2003 my friends thought it was 400 guitar. Now how cool is that?

thatguy333
    sylic
    I have to agree.. someone please delete his.
    rancidryan
    yeah i agree aswell he hasnt a clue
    FearBefore
    This was my 2nd guitar, (Not the DX version, so mine has chrome hardware and dot inlays) but all the same, I love this guitar. It was cheap and i'm not afraid to admit it. but for it's price it's amazing. It can scream like a prestige. If I could, I'd have the neck on any other guitar. Mine was terribly set up out of the box, but after a rather pricey professional set up, it's now amazing. The paint is almost flawless, until you get inside the guitar to adjust the trem springs, but no one cares about what it looks like in there. Id be real sad if this was stolen/broken, I would probably get another RG, but not the 270.
    thedarkblues06
    Yeah, I don't understand. I own a GRG270DX I paid $230 for it, and I have a s h i t amp...an old Crate GX15, but the distortion sounds wicked cool....I could see how the pickups could be replaced, because next to JEMs and Prestige, it outlasts and outplays, but for a cheap guitar it's damn good...better than some of the Epiphone LPs I've played. I'm sorry, I give my guitar a 9. It's awesome for me at the price I paid for it.
    Pavura
    rancidryan wrote: yeah i agree aswell he hasnt a clue sylic wrote: thatguy333 wrote: the review by javier2012 has to be the worst one ive ever seen for a guitar. ever. he wrote one or two sections, and then copied one of the ones he wrote out into 3 other categories. you guys here at UG need to check these reviews before you throw em up. I have to agree.. someone please delete his.
    EXACTLY WTF IS UP WITH THAT REVIEW!?!??!
    Devilmaycry1112
    the pickups may suck, but, as long as you got special amps, foot pedals or processors it works like a dream. because of its edgy look, you probably buy this for metal, rock, and certain pop. You should be fine with heavy distortion. Overal this guitar should have a better rating for whats its worth, the price tag is where its at. Your paying for what you get, dont forget that. Guitars and Gear: Ibanez SA260FM Vox Valvetronix Ad30VT-XL amp Fender15wBG amp Epiphone SG Fender Squire Bullet Ibanez XPT700 (my baby)