GRG270DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG270DX

I play mainly hard rock, grunge and mostlt Iron Maiden tracks... I am using this axe with a Roland 15X cube and I use it sometimes with a Zoom 707II multi-effects. The guitar sound fine in clean but I wish it had more sustain (the tremolo system hampers sustain)... The single coil pickup give a great amount of noise and it's pure dull crap so I don't use it anyway... The humbuckers are great and can give a lot of sound moderation with effects..The GRG neck is good for quick solos and shreds. The Volume knob gives a noise when not turned to full and the Tone has to be adjusted to not give noise which sucks because the tone gives a huge variety but the noise just takes the fun away... I use the tremolo a lot... I usually play at Standard or Dropped D and this guitar is fine for beginners but the difficult procedure for tuning gives a lot of trouble if you are a rapid tune-changing guitarist (weird?) like I was.....overall nice sound for rock and metal woth the humbuckers but it doesn't have the X-factor you feel special with. This guitar can really give a variety of sounds... I love the clean sound and feel fine with the harmonics. An Important thing to keep in mind is setting the bridge because without it you r screwed! So if you wanna buy this one get it checked properly..

As I said before, I play rock and this basically a good match beacuse I'm always using the neck pickups. I've been playing from 2 years and and this guitar is better than a Washburn X-Serie Model that I had before... Well I wish I could have asked for removing the noise with the volume and tone knobs... If this guitar was stolen or lost, I would definitely buy another one beacause I think I made the wrong choice... If you are buying this guutar, I would suggest you to save for a RG model if you love Ibanez.

This guitar can handle gigs very well and the strap buttons never give a problem, they are very sturdy and there is absolutely no probabilty for an accident... The hardware seems durable but I wont give a 100% because I just bought it. This guitar is very dependable and to be true I have never used a backup with or any other guitar, I can depend on any other guitar because the friking guitar depends on us!

The action was perfect with factory settings... If anyone knows where the hell the truss rod adjustment, plz temme! (LOL) the pickups are adjusted amazingly and the tension remains perfect ass long as you don't change te tuning... After changing the tuning you have to adjust the screws at the back of the guitar for the bridge to come in line with the main body... The body was shining like a light when I bought it, However this guitar is a dirt and scratch lover so you really need a cleaning kit for this.(I have a black one and you kno the story)

I have the new model with pearl Dot inlay, in the new one they have replaced the Edge III bridge with ILT1... The model which I have was made in China. Description - This Ibanez ( GRG 270 ) Is well established as Ibanez's high quality budget brand, the range is forever been updated to provide even better value for money. This model features a double locking tremolo system and gets you rocking for less than you might expect. Specs: Neck and Frets-Neck Material - Maple Neck Type - GRG II # Frets - 24 Frets Fret Size - Medium Bridge - ILT1 bridge with Floyd Rose Double Locking system.... Pickups - Two humbuckers and one single coil. One volume and one tone control 5-way selector. Tune Lockers at nut and second fine tuners aat bridge. Black Night with gloss finish.. Overall nice features in a very budget model. But I wish the pack included an extra set of screws for the tune locking nut because they can easily get lost!

Not.the.same.
    FlameGame
    Not.the.same. wrote: hi i'm beginner- dont know much abt electric guitars but played quite a few times in studios. decided to get one for myself. i play mostly rock and a bit of pop(?). should i get epiphone les paul special II or the Ibanez GRG270??
    Buy a RG370DX, its got the same features but jumbo frets and Wizard II neck which gives the ultimate solo option....
    RocKslAsh
    hey guys whats the difference between GRG n RG series n i am planning to buy a guitar n i planned for GRG250p ...so how is it ..?