GRGM21 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRGM21

Purchased from: Girardinelli

I play rock and metal, with some prog rock, and this guitar suits me pretty well. It gives me a good sound, but don't just take it from me, I have only play eight months. I just play out of my brother's old Peavey Rage 138 15 watt amp with no added effects, though it does work pretty good with effects. The amp gives me what I need, clean and distortion. It doesn't make any unwanted noise for me, and it won't if you know what to do with it.It can do everything I've made it do from pinches to tapping, though it can get a bit fuzzy with natural harmonics.

I again play rock and metal, and this works fine, and I love it. The neck is small and fast, even though I am not a small person, this is perfect for me. I have only played for eight months, and I love it. Most of the reason I bought this was because I have always wanted an Ibanez, and it was one of the cheapest, second to the Squier, which one of my friends said not to get. I do kind of want it to be able to have a whammy bar, but it would only get it out of tune quicker, it's bad enough. If I lost it, then I would definitely get it again. I absolutely love this guitar, and the next guitar I want will also be in the Gio series, like this one. I rewrote this because I first submitted it and then submitted a tab the next day, and The tab is accepted, but I can't find this review.

I haven't played Live, but I have a friend Who is a drummer and I have a bass player, so if we started a band, then I could answer this better. I would guess it would do fine with a short gig, but I don't know about really long ones, then is when I would definitely get a backup. I know that the strap buttons are perfect, though I only play sitting, I have tried standing, and they are fine, but I'm not. The finish on mine has gotten scratched fairly easily, so, I'm not sure about that.

It came fully prepared to rock, the action was set just right, and I haven't had to do anything special to it, though it did go out of tune because of the tuners.(I suggest that you replace them.)The one problem that I had with it was the film on the pickguard. I couldn't get it off under the knobs, so it scratches around trying to adjust volume. My brother tried to take of the volume knob to fix it, and he couldn't so now my volume goes from ten to seven. Other than that, it's good.

This is a great beginning guitar for pretty much anybody. It's a China made 24 fret wonder. It is a solid top and it comes in white, black, blue, and cherry red that I have found. It has one volume, and one tone knob (lots of choices) with a three way pickup selector. Neck, neck/bridge, and bridge pickups. It has crappy tuners and it will go out of tune very easily. It's very small, it is a 22.5 scale and weighs 4.5 pounds, compared to my brother's Schecter C-1+ 25 scale that weighs 9.5 pounds, so it's very light. Mine came with a crappy cord that lasted about a week. Though for a 130 dollars, that isn't so bad. And don't quote me, but I think it is a cutaway body.

sorrykid77
    Josephandy wrote: It looks sort of like a Gibson Sg... Look at the color scheme...
    yeahhhh,,, just shut the **** up now
    Xidon
    guitarmaniac88
    Xidon wrote: I have the same guitar actually and I never have any tuning problems with it. It's really one of the best guitars I've played on, especially when on stage.
    Really, I thought the tuning was terrible. My brother's taylor needs tuned about every 350 times mine does, so about every month or so.
    SylKain
    Good guitar for the price and purpose, i use it for warm ups before a gig when most of the times i'm stuck in a tiny place where I'd hit my normal guitar in all places. I doubt anyone would want to use it live so I agree with the choice of adding it to the entry level series (ESP version under the LTD Kirk Hammet series was way too expensive for what it could be used). Tuning to me ain't much of a problem, at least I've seen worse, though the bridge is kind of annoying since it scratches the hand a lot during muting
    Shazazmic
    Yes because a red and black automatically = Gibson SG copycat.
    good_sir_pete
    why would you buy this as a primary guitar?? (unless you have tiny hands) it's designed for kids and for people who want a what is essentially a travel electric. or at least that's what i would buy it for. frankly a direct comparison between this and a full scale is a bit academic.
    saitenslayer
    i dont have any tuning problems with mine,and i think its a great guitar,one of my favorites
    tele_god
    yeah, i bought one of these for my ex girlfriends son, but i stole that shit back...its cool to have a guitar you can just leave in your trunk and shit, but it definately isnt something id play at a gig or something
    MJsPYT1362
    I have this same guitar but in a another color. I've had no tuning problems and it's one of the best guitars I've ever played. Even though I've played around...a year, I'm still extremely satisfied with this guitar. I love it.