GRX20 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX20

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

I play mostly metal and this guitar suits my needs very well, had to mess around with pickup heigth to get just the sound I wanted. I'm currently using a really crappy amp I bought off my drummer for $10 and it actually sounds decent. There's hardly any noise, providing I play with scopped mids and high lows and highs. This guitar can go heavy to soft in a matter of a heartbeat just depending on what you want, very versatile for a cheap guitar.

I play mostly metal 24/7 and this guitar delivers very well. I've only been playing a couple of months now but I don't see myself ever getting rid of this guitar. It's awesomely playable and has an uber fast neck. If it were lost I'd cry if it weren't stolen I beat the shit out of the guy that stole and get my baby back. I love it's fast neck and pickups at such a cheap price, I can't think of anything I hate, because even if there was, it's an entry level guitar, what do you expect? If you're just starting out and want a good, cheap guitar, this is the one to buy.

I think this guitar could pull off a gig really well. The hardware is fine and the strap buttons would never let your strap go. I'd be brave enough to use it without a backup. The finish is very durable.

This guitar was set up verry well, in fact, I haven't had a need to adjust anything yet. The pickups were level and pretty stock height when I recieved it, something just wasn't sounding good enough for me and my musical taste, but once I raised the brdige and lower the neck a bit, it was perfect. There were no dents or scratches in this guitar when I got it and there still isn't. Very durable guitar and an awesome finish.