GRX20 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX20

Purchased from: Gear Music

I play mostly heavy/thrash/death metal but once in a while I like to go to light distortion, kind of like in zeppelin songs. And every now and then I want a clean acoustic sound. This guitar is great for all of it, I cannot find a single problem of sound that my guitar makes. Now sound problems my amp makes are a different matter (I use it on a Marshal MG10CD practise amp with no pedals).

Like I said earlyer, I play mostly heavy/thrash/death metal and occasionaly lighter stuff. This guitar is a perfect match for my musical tastes. I have been playing for a year and a half and this guitar is still the best one ever, I am currently in the middle of finding and buying a new guitar (Ibanez Xiphos but I want to restring it because I am left handed), this is only in case something ever happens to this guitar. If it were stolen I would hunt down and murder the person Who steals it. If it were lost I would get a new one in a second. The only thing I wish it had was 24 frets but that's not too much of a problem for me. Great for a beginer, an expert guitarist, or even someone on a tight budget. All in all it is a great guitar.

This guitar will definately withstand Live playing, and I would definately use it without a backup, that is how much I think this guitar is a perfect guitar. Nothing is loose, nothing seems like it can break at any momeny. Currently I am in the middle of completely customizing this guitar with a floyd rose, replacing tuning pegs, as well as the knobs and switch. This is only to raise the quality of the guitar even higher than it already is.

Everything was very well adjusted, there is a problem with the pick guard but that was the stores fault, but instead of getting it fixed I have grown to get used to it. Everything came asembled properly, good finish, no scratches on it. The strings that came from the factory were amazing, especialy with my need to downtune and uptune a lot. I have used the same strings for over 6 months.

It is an amazing guitar with a 25 1/5 scale neck with 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard, powerhouse pickups, alder body, laminated. Guitar is left handed for me. I can honestly say that everything that came with this guitar does not need to be replaced ever (other than strings perhaps).