GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: Curly Music

The GRX guitar can be used for Clean Sound, Blues, Rock and Metal so it suits almost all of the music styles. I use the clean and overdrive effects with the guitar. When turned up to full volume on both the amp and the guitar itself it can be very noisy. The guitar can make many sounds, but there are to many to explain, so lets move on!! I like the sound very much. I am glad this was my final choice.

I have been playing for around a month now. I got it at Christmas, 2003. I now own an amplifier, strap, tuner and stand. If the guitar was stolen I would get the same one. I like it that much. I love the colour. Dark transparent green. There is nothing I hate. I compared it to my cousins guitar. He has a quite old wooden Ibanez guitar. His is probably better but I don't care. It would be a bit better if it had double humbuckers but what are you gonna do?

This guitar could last many live concerts. It is quite a new model so has all of the techniques put into it to make sure it dosn't fall apart on arival of home.The finish is about a centimetre of solid plastic so it will be very hard to scratch the paintwork. I would use this in a gig without backup because it is a reliable guitar.

This guitar was set up very well in the factory. All of the parts are held in place. There is nothing wobbly of loose. The back plate and scratch plate are both screwed on firmly.

The Ibanez GRX40 guitar is a guitar for people who want a good guitar but who are only begginers. At 160.00 this guitar may be to much for some starters but you get what you pay for. This is a great guitar. It is available in three colours: Transparent blue, Transparent red and black. And a Transparent green is also available but not featured in the catologue. The GRX40 guitar features a agathis body, medium frets and fat-10 bridge. It has one humbucker and features the new Fat-10 tremolo.