GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: Hames Music

I have been playing for a couple years now. I have a few guitars, which includes a Fender Acoustic, tihs Ibanez, and an Epi LP-100. This was my first guitar. It gives off a verious amount of sounds. Giving it a very versatile reputation. I play a lot of blues and rock (and blues rock, haha). Has a bright sound. I really like this guitar, i prefer it over my LP actually. It fits me perfectly, it sounded good originally, but at the advice of a friend i changed out my Bridge humbucker and now it sounds much better. I'm running it through an MG50DFX or a Fender 15G or the Ibanez amp that came with it, or a 20 watt crate amp. All through a Boss DS-1 pedal. Sounds excellent.

I paly al ot of things, and everything I've played for the most part works good for this guitar. Cept that its tone is pretty bright, and it isn't good for softer mellower songs. But thats not me. So yes. If it were lsot or stolen, I would prolly buy another different Ibanez. Only because I customized mine so much that it jsut wouldn't be worth buyin' the same guitar. I love mostly everytng about it, the neck is so comfortable, and i love the neck pickup. Very nice guitar, as I have said. I forgot to add that you can shred very well with thi guitar. Copmaring this to the say RG series, the frets are heaven and hell. On an RG the frets are high and uncomfortable. Probably one of the most comfortable guitars i've ever played, cept for sometimes the controls get in the way when you are Tremelo picking.

I've played a countless number of parties, many of which without backups and using this guitar. Whenever i do anything big i always carry another guitar. But otherwise the guitar does the job perfectly. The hardware has lasted forever. And is sitll very good, with the occasionaly loose screw, it is still very good. As I said, I have put this guitar through hell and back, and is still a live an roaring.

I am very fine with the action, just perfect, a little on the high side though. Everything came perfect, except for the fact that my input jack kept wanting to go it. So i took a pair of twwers, squeezed them, put them inside the input jack and realeased my pressure, so that they would grip by pushing out on the sides, i then pulled the jack out as far as it would go and tightened the nut around it. This guitar takes a beating, i drop it a lot, and the finish still stands up fine, cept it does have a few dings and dents here and there, but it gives the guitar character. I wasn't pleased with how hard it was to tune, so i added two extra springs to the back. The high E tuner is a little loose, but that is probably my fault, and one of the pegs came loose, but i got a screwdriver and fixed it right up.

- Made in japan - Solid body - Black finish with white pickguard - 1 volume and 1 tone knob - H/S/S humbucker configuration 22 fret Wizard neck