GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: Huigens

My music style goes from meshuggah to nirvana, and even realy mellow songs like Michel from Anouk sounds good on it, if you use the neck pick up. I can't play Meshuggah on it, because then I would need 8 strings. The sound is realy bright. For a nice clean, put the volume on your guitar to about 2/3, choose any pick up you want (for grunge a-la Nirvana you should take the bridge hum), put the gain on the amp that comes with it, on 2/3, bass on 8, mid on 6, and treble at 10, don't forget to put the tone knob on 10. Music like Metallica also sounds good on it.

I think it's a realy good guitar, but if you have a little more money to spend, go get an Dean Vendetta 1\.0 and a Roland Cube 15/30/60.

Nothing to say about it, it's fine.

Stock out of the box it was set up properly, low action, which I like, no sharp frets. The nut and the routing etc. is done realy well. After 3 months I had to re-set up it, because I changed to thicker strings (09 is stock, I changed to 11).

I was lucky on this one, cause the neck has a flame in the maple, so it looks realy cool. I really hate the tremolo, so I blocked it, I realy don't get why they would put a trem on a starters guitar anyway, it doesn't stay in tune when you use it, beginners never use a trem, so why? Other than that, it has a humbucker, and 2 single coils. I realy like the neck pick up, it's kind of warm when you use it. It also came with a gig bag, amp and al sorts of crap. The first thing you need to do when you get is, throw the f--king cable out of your window, and get a proper one, cause the original sucks. I like the strap, it doesn't slips.