GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: Brook Mays

Man, this thing suits my music well, I play hard rock from today, and quite a bit of Metallica, and AC/DC and what not. Right now, I'm using the 10 or 15 W Ibanez amp that it came with. The amp kind of makes a buzzing noise sometimes but you get used to it. I am not using a disortion pedal right now, mine broke, getting a new one for Christmas. This thing can easily play from hard rock, to blues, to jazz its pretty much an all around guitar.

It's a great match for my music, as I said before, hard rock/metal. I've been playing for about 2 years now, and I decided to get this because I'm on a strick budget and I needed a new amp. I love the guitar, wouldnt change anything about it. I would definitly get the same guitar if it were stolen/lost. My favorite feature is the color, I mean it's just beautiful, the sound is great too, the humbucker really gives it that extra "kick." I compared it to the Squier Strats, this thing is an American Strat compared to those pieces of crap. If you'ra thinking of this guitar, get it now!

Oh yeah, this guitar can handle alot, definitly playing live. I think this baby will last me a long time. The strap seems like its pretty good, but a little uncomfortable with it though. I advise a new one, pretty soon! The finish is great. I dropped it on the tile, yes, I'm retarded, and theres really not even a scratch, it's awesome. I would definitly trust this at a gig w/o a backup, very reliable.

Well, this thing came perfectly out of the box, nothing loose, everything was in order, I cant really say anything bad, it is just so great! It's really all good, it has a thin neck for quick play which alot of Ibanez models have, but for the price, I didn't expect it to be so on this guitar. If you over used the whammy bar, it might come out of tune a little more.

I just bought this bad boy from Brook Mays Music, and wow, this Japaneese thing can jam. It has 22 frets and is a rosewood neck I think. The thing is beautiful, the navy metallic just blew me away, it has got to be the best Inexpensive guitar out there. It comes with everything you need, you just need to get new cables and strings immidetly. It has a brige humbucker and then 2 single coil pickups, it sounds great.