GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Well, I love hard rock. HIM is my all time favorite band so I try to play a lot of their songs which are really fast and difficult. It is surprisingly easy to play and fun too, its worth the money. I'm using the amp that comes with it, at the time anyways the Ibz10? Yeah, I think thats it, and I'm using a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal when I can. The pickups sometimes pick up some noise and the amp can get noisy if you have overdrive on and sometimes when you are using distortion. You can probably use this guitar for every type of music that involves a guitar, it has great range and can do everything from jazz to death medal and all in between.

For my music (heavy rock) its a perfect match, the humbucker helps the sound out alot, but you will want to fix things up later. I am pretty sure that I would buy it again if it were lost/stolen because it's my first guitar, and it rocks, period. I love the tone, and definitly the play-ability. I cant say anything bad about this thing. At all. Ever. Never buy a Squire Strat because this thing absoloutly blows it away. It rocks, buy this guitar. Amazing for beginners!

This guitar is great, it can definitly withstand live gigs, it seems like it will last me a while and the strap is great. I can definitly depend on this baby, I could definitly use it anytime w/o a backup. As I said before, the finish is perfect, theres no problem with it and I can tell you now, it will last for a long time.

The guitar was set up really great at the factory, it was almost perfectly tuned out of the box. It has fast action and is fun to play. The pickups were adjusted pretty well, but needed a little bit of work. Other than that everything was flawless. It is probably the best guitar out of the box I've seen in a long time.

Well I think its a 2002, 2003 guitar that was made in Japan. It has 22 frets and it has a pretty thin rosewood neck. It's got a nice finish and it's just perfect, mine's black and it looks great. I also like the blue, as I messed with one at Brook Mays a few months ago. The guitar has a alder body, not the greatest for tone, but it can still get you where your going. Theres a tone and volume control, I think thats it. Theres 1 humbucker and 2 single coil pickups the humbucker is at the bridge and then you know, theres the 2 single coils. It comes in a pack, so you have everything ex. Tuner, strap, cables, picks, DVD, amp, headphones, ect.