GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: Italmelodie

This guitar has a great sound. It can adapt to any style of music. I like to play it really loud with maximum distortion, but for my lessons, some of the songs require a clean channel, and the guitar has a crystal clear sound coming out of my Marshall MG series. From AC/DC hard rock to something as mellow as Dire Straits, the sound is stunning!

This is a great begginer's guitar if you have the money. It's great for someone more advanced too. It's just an all around great instrument! I would buy this guitar again if it ever broke or if it was stolen, it's timeless! It has a fender-like look and feel to it, but has that metal and out of the ordinary styling and design of an Ibanez. It's perfect!

I would depend on this guitar live any day. It's just that well built. It's an Ibanez. Not even just a by Ibanez like Squier by Fender, this is the real deal. I've hit this guitar on stuff and nothing happened. The only thing I probably wouldn't depend on in front of an audience is the stock strings!

This is a very sturdy guitar. I wouldnt expect something to randomly break. Everything is high quality. I love it! The only thing I don't really approve of is the metal on the fretboard. It doesn't seem to be filed down too well, so when you're moving your hand up and down it can 'cause some irritation.

This guitar has everything a beginner needs. Different kinds of pickup, not just one, open coil and humbucker, and the whammy bar is great fun! I'm not too familiar with all the specifics, so refer to another review for that. I didn't buy my guitar as a package, but the package it has been sold in looks pretty good.

OttovanZanten
    if you dont know wether to buy this or a cheap Squier Strat, i would chose this, it's about the same quality, but this is cheaper and with a free amp. I tested it, and didn't really like the neck, so i saved my money to buy a RG321
    guitarpunk21
    this is my first guitar, and i'm pretty satisfied with it right now. =) the only problem with it, is that it chips pretty easily.