GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: brookmays

I play a alot of '70s-'80s stuff (Sabbath, Kiss, Twisted Sister, AC/DC, Quiet Riot, etc). This thing perfectly suits it all. I'm only using it with the 10 watt Ibanez IBZ10G it came with but am saving for a Marshall. I play most of the time with overdrive on with gain all the way up. Its prety bad about feedback when not being played but can be avoided by simply keeping your arm on the strings. Sounds freakin' sweet with treble all the way up. Tone range is incredible.

As was aid before I play a lot of old stuff and this is perfect. I do wish its whammy bar worked but I can finger vibrato good enough. I've been playing for a good year and a half (people say I have a special gift on guitar) were it stolen I would probably go for a Strat but I am content with this. I own a First Act half size acoustic (biggest piece of crap I ever seen), and a Fender DG-8S (very good, but high action) my favorite part about it is the body, it just looks sick. Overall extremely good guitar recommended to beginners or an experienced player lookin fer some new gear.

This guitar easily plays live with really good sound, no meed for backup. At the current moment everything is holding up good. Can keep tune for a good day and a half before retuning is needed. No need for tightening the strap buttons.

Has really low action which I love but it has spoiled me and sounds crappy when I play my Fender acoustic with friggin high action. Pickups were solid. Sometimes the 1st string gets caught in the fret wire on the side of the fretboard. Only flaws can find is that the whammy bar doesnt work worth crap. Metallic red paint is beautiful.

22 med frets. Metallic red finish. Strat based body. Graphite nut. Came with a gig bag, 10 watt amp, strap, cheapo cord. H/S/S pickups.

cole673
    This is my first guitar i got the starter kit, it was pretty good to me, i liked it a lot...
    OttovanZanten
    hm... i almost bought it, then bougt the RG321, because i didn't like this neck a lot, so i decided to take something more expensive... still satisfied with the RG321