GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: Firehouse Guitars

I play mostly rock and metal, and it sounds good for both. It is good for most styles of music. On the humbucker it has a rich/full sound, on the middle it is more twangy, and the neck pickup is great for clean and blues. It is a very versitile guitar, and can get any sound.

Since I play rock and metal, this was a good match for me, with the humbucker. It would be good for most any type of music. I've been playing for over a year, and I also have a Yamaha acoustic. If it was stolen or lost, I would by a different one, because I do not need another starter kit. I love how you can play any type of music one it, and I personally like the humbucker. I compared it to a Strat Starter Kit, my friend has one and the amp from the Strat pack isn't near as good as the one from this pack. The store worker recommended this kit.

I have had this guitar for over a year so far and have had no problems with it. The hardware seems durable, the strap buttons are solid. I would use it in a gig without backup. The finish has no sign of wear, and I play it quite a bit. I have banged it on things and the finish did not scratch or chip.

The action, fit & finish were set up perfectly from the factory. The pickups were right, the bridge was good, and routed properly, everything was good, which is another bonus for a beginner choosing this as their fist guitar. It had no flaws or problems, and that made me very happy.

It was made in Japan. It has 22 rosewood medium frets, with pearl dot inlays, on a thin neck. Solid top, mine is navy metallic with a white pickguard. It has a mahagony, Strat style body. Passive electronics, H/S/S and a non-locking, six screw tremolo. Volume and tone knobs, wiht a 5-way selector. It comes in a starter kit with everything you need, including an amp, tuner, picks, strap, cord, gig bag, intructional DVD and a lot more.

acousticky14
    i prefer those rg series they are so great and is a better instrument for live playing.. ibanez gio series are great too and could withstand live playing but try getting an rg series they're more worth your money..=)
    ChillBill
    It a heavy guitare but i like that. I've played on tha JS series and those where to lite. Even my RG2570 is al bit lite.
    joe momma
    is there any way to do an upgrade on the whammy bar to do some crazy divebombs on it?
    BlueRumRed
    This was my first electric and well it lasted....i worked out mine was built 1980 and i bought it onyl couple years back. I had some problems with the guitar jack and the 1st string machine head but after i removed the black nail polish and the sticker marks from the previous owner it looked fine and sounded fairly good too...great starter guitar and definately lasts lnog time becos its got quite few scratches in it but still works fine.