GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: Cash Converters

This guitar is a very versatile guitar and it does suit my music style which consists of classic rock (David Gilmour, Pink Floyd) I use it with a 30w Monterey amp and mostly on clean. This guitar is not noisy at all because the controls are shielded under the pickguard. Also recently I changed the pickups and now it sounds great! Now it is an S-H-H configuration with a humbucker (mini) in the middle position and now it is VERY versatile. I can use this for metal, crazy emo junk, soft rock classic rock, and using it for solos. The pickups that come with it are decent. The neck is warm and twangy, the middle is smooth and trebly and the bridge is even more trebled up.

I play blues/ classic rock I've been playing for about a year and I also have an Epiphone DR200CE and I'm also in the middle of modding (GRX40) this guitar out. I'm currently sanding it down to a natural finish, replacing volume and tone pots and rewiring it as a whole renovation process. If I were to lose it or someone stole it I would be extremely angry and wouldn't buy this guitar again. I would buy another more expensive guitar because I wouldn't want to renovate another one! I'm fine with this guitar and so should you be!

This guitar can take a beating. And the hardware will last a decent time. The strap buttons are solid but you may want to replace them with strap locks (a must for all guitars). I can depend on it fine and it is my workhorse. This thing is tough! the reliability and durability would be more than those expensive guitars.

Yes the acton is great, and the pickups are fine the way thay are and everything is routed fine. Probably one of the reasons for this is it was made in japan and not china. All this was fine for me. the action and finish is fine and really strong.This guitar was fine and everything was almost perfect and this is great compared to higher end guitars.

This is made in Japan with 22 frets with a extremely thin neck and a rosewood fretboard. This axe is made of alder and the finish is black. The guitars finish is extremely thick and strong as I have put this guitar through a lot (dropping it, banging it against things). It has a Strat body but more sharper and more of a metallish design. The bridge is a Standard tremolo bridge and with a string through bridge. The controls are passive and has a volume, and tone pot with a five way Switch. it is in an SSH configuration and are normal tuners (Vintage style).