GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: Musicworks

Gives a good sound, I just use it with the Ibanez GTA10 amp that came with the amp. I used to use the hummers all the time but then I came to love the other pickups. Sadly the amp which came with it isn't that great. But I purchased mine as a beginner starter package, so you get what you get I suppose.

This is a brilliant guitar. Ibanez gives amazing value for money, but I am pretty peeved that the tuner, strap, picks, and the other stuff that came with the guitar in the package sucked. The amp is ok. But I got mine as a beginner started pack so I guess I can't really complain. Overall, this is a very good guitar which I would reccomend to anyone as an electric to learn on. I've had this thing for about 17 months now and it's in great condition.

The guitar is very durable, but the wood inside the guitar is rotting. I had to take out the strap buttons' screws and replace them, and still I have to tighten them every few weeks. I would gig with this thing without a backup, it will last you a decade. It's good, but not that good. By the time this dies you will probably have upgraded.

The finish is great. The set up was brilliant, pickups excellent. However the strap buttons get loose so I have to keep tightening them. It's because of the screws. I had to replace the strap buttons' screws because the wood inside was rotten. This is probably just my guitar though.

Came with a accessories bag, small amp of mederate quality, whammy bar, bad quality tuner, strap which was bad and ripped quite soon. 5 picks which sucked and wore out in literally minutes and left coloured markings on my scratchboard. That was just the crappy stuff which came with the pack though. The guitar itself is excellent quality for it's low price, this is the first electric I got. Would definitely reccomend this guitar to anyone starting out electric. 22 frets, made in Japan, solid body. Very good quality overall.

Renfordoggz
    this guitar is my first one and i still love it now..i've customised it and everything...very reliable
    dodee
    yeah its great to start off with, i just started like 3 months ago and this guitar iz really good for begginers
    Mr.Krinkle1410
    i like ibanez guitars i dont think ive tryed one i didnt like, but im thinkin bout gettin and ibanez s series or an rg or a telecaster. any suggestions thatll help?
    BPrice
    I bought the starter kit, but as i began to progress and was wanting to start changing the sound, i took out the humbucker and put in a dimarzio DP159. Now i think it is a great guitar for the price. I Still cant play worth a crap.
    hariz95
    does anyone know what kind of wood a 2006 grx40 is made of? the US site said its made of mahogany but some people say its basswood or alder...
    DFX11
    it looks like a stratocaster i dont see what the big deal is?
    butcherer
    SilentGhost wrote: why is this guitar getting overall ratings of 9?! For christsakes, this is a starters guitar, it should never be given a 8+ unless you're comparing it with other crap guitars. Anyway, I think that this guitar isn't worth it because there are better Ibanez guitars in this price range.
    bigdaddywolf
    this thing looks just like a copy of my peavey raptor plus exp only not so clean looking
    Dnvnff22
    This was my first electric. Pawn shops finest. I took the white pickguard off and had a custom diamond plate pickguard made. I also had the headstock done in diamond plate as well. Looks pretty sweet. Not a bad guitar for the money spent.
    Yawdim
    yea, look around VERY HARD if you think you want this gutair, Ibanze make other strats style gutairs, like this one, but with better equipment on them.
    SilentGhost
    guitarguru1212
    ibanez make brilliant guitars i so want an ICEMAN!!! my mate has an ibanez bass idk the model but it is so cool
    dale-banez
    MASTER JiMMY wrote: wat are sperzels?????
    they're tuners that you can lock into place, which helps tuning stability
    Physh
    i didnt know ibanez made strat copies. or fat strat rather. i like the pup configuration on fat strats and id sure as hell like to check one out with the ibanez name on it.
    hazardmaster
    This guitar rocks. For the price tag it has amazing quality and sound and will last quite a while. =)
    cyclobs
    i brought this guitar about 3 years ago when i first started. still using it today, i love it. it sounds great with my amp and it can play every style i've wanted to play so far. only just looking into buying a new guitar now after 3 years