GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: The Guitar Factory

The style of music that I play definitely sounds great with this guitar. I play alot of classic rock and blues. The middle pickup is great for this style. I use a small travel amp that has poor sound quality but the guitar sounds great when I tweak the amp. I also accompany it with a Boss Metal Core pedal and a Boss Digital Delay pedal for when I'm in a Metallica or Pink Floyd or a bluesy mood. The amp makes a buzz sound which I'm pretty sure isn't the guitar. I can do a variety of tricks with this such as a ringing bell effect that sounds great.

For the classic rock/ blues style that I play this guitar is a great match for me. I have been playing for several years and think that it will be a great add to an upcoming collection of guitars. If something had happened to my guitar that deemed it unplayable I would definitely get a new one. The best feature about it is the pickups. They give me the great rock sound that I enjoy. Overall I think that this is a great beginner/intermediate guitar that would be reliable over time and I would definitely consider this guitar when looking to buy one.

I would definitely give the guitar a try at Live playing. It has a great tone that seems like it would sound good for gigs. The guitar seems durable and seems like it will last a long time. The strap buttons were a little small for my strap but it is not a big deal. I've heard that alot of the strap buttons would become stripped or loosened and wouldn't stay so that is something that I am anticipating. As of right now I could definitely say that I would bring it to a gig and rock it out. The finish does seem durable enough to last a long time to come.

The action on the guitar is aweosme. When I play the fast AC/DC style I can easily move up and down the neck with ease. The pickups are adjusted perfectly to give a great sound. There was a miniscule scratch that was on the back of the guitar but that was the main reason why I got it for so cheap.

I just bought this guitar on ebay Brand New a few weeks ago and got it about a week ago. I already had a crappy Fender rip off that came in a starter pack. This was definitely an upgrade. It is made in America and has a 22 fret, Rosewood neck with an Alder body. It's a basic Strat style guitar but it fits great with my body. It has 2 controls which consist of volume and tone. It didn't come with any accesories but for $108 it was a steal of a deal.

sum41punkguy
    wat shall i get? grg121 pack or dis? im a beginner(neva touched a guitar be4) and im getting my guitar next week