GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: My friend bought it in US

This guitar is perfect for me, I play hard rock, heavy metal, nu metal and all kind of rock that there is. I have a 15 watt marshal amp and a metal muff distortion pedal, Vox wah pedal. The guitar sound really bright undistorted and sound even better with distortion. It produces a rich, thick sound very cool and satisfying. The guitar plays good distorted, undistorted and with the wah pedal makes a really cool sounds that are har to describe. I play this guitar 6-8 hours a day and sounds great.

I play as I said, Heavy metal such as Iron Maiden, nu metal such as System Of A Down and on and on and the guitar fits my playing style. I been playing for 2 years by the time I wrote this review. If this guitar were stolen I will get the same guitar. I love the whole guitar you know it a good instrument when it comes to sound and reliability. M favorite feature is that it is a lightweight guitar, try a Gibson or a Fender and the are way to heavy. I chose third guitar over a Epiphone SG because I love Ibanez, and the output jack is on the side of the guitar and not in the front of it. I wish it had a bridge capable of wahmy madness, but overall the guitar is a really good instrument and one that you can really can count on.

Will this guitar withstand live playing? Hell yeah its a really good beginner-intermediate guitar.the hardware seems like it will last for ever. The straps buttons are solid and withstand wild movements. Can I depend on It? Of course. I would use it in a gig without backup. The finish will last because when I play I tend to touch the finish with the pick and it hasn't wore off.

The guitar was and is in perfect condition not one single flaw. Is really great to play. The pickups were perfect, nothing loose. The bridge was properly adjusted. When I took it out of the box it was perfect man perfect! In the whole meaning of the word. The guitar dint have rust or nothing, Perfect.

My Ibanez GRX40 was made in Japan, 2007. It has 22 medium frets in a smooth sweet GRX neck with bolt on neck. It has an agathic body and rosewood fretboard. it has what I believe that is a solid top in a black satin finish with a white pickguard. It is Strat like body with a Standard tremolo bridge. All in chrome hardware. It has one volume knob and one tone knob and a five way selector. It has in pickup in the neck another one in the center and a uncovered hambucker in the bridge position. The tuners I don't really know if the are lockin or non locking. It is a very comfortable guitar and a good thing is ti weight almost none. One thing is that the guitar got out of tune real quick but I found a method on how to put he string correctly and it worked.

bakaa
    I own one...and I've got to say...this is the best looking beginners guitar ever. ..Although the sound is kinda sloppy (it rings) and it's hard to tune It's an awesome guitar to own..recommend it to all beginners.
    Iblis92
    I have this guitar. I dont have much knowledge or experience in guitars... but, I do like this one a lot. I like the sound, the fretboard is comfortable for me... and damn.. it can take A LOT of abuse. ive dropped it like twice, and knocked it against the wall. Once my friend dropped it and there was no damage. If anything, it should get some credit for its durability. the only complain I have about it is in fact the tremolo bar. Im still a beginner, maybe I shouldnt really be playin with it yet, but still I do. It goes out of tune real easily. The starter amp it came with was absolutely terrible. turn on overdrive and it hisses at you. I sold it and replaced it with a fender frontman 25R. I also got the starter kit, so I got a case, which I actually find to be quite nice (thot one of the latches is broken already) it came with cd's tools and basically everything that someone would need to if they never picked up a guitar in their life. although I am hoping to get a new one in the next year or so, I refuse to get rid of this guitar. The metallic red finish is beautiful. the headstock is nice imo, and its got some weight to it, but not too much. it sits perfectly in my lap and is just damn comfortable. F*** the haters.