GRX40 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX40

Purchased from: Lepo Music Centre

I play metal stuff like Children Of Bodom, Trivium, A7X, Metalllica etc... The pickups maybe sounds okay for a beginner but honestly speaking, to me the humbucker sounds shitty and can't handle metal playing. I use a Marshall mg10 and the Behringer UM300 Ultra metal distortion (lol at cheap item I got here). The UM300 pedal really boost the quality sound of this guitar. I suggeat any other begginer who intended to buy this guitar and use a cheap solid amp, go buy a distortion pedal because the pickup sounds sucks if small amps without distortion pedal.

This doesnt't really suits my playing but quite okay for practicing. I've been playing this guitar for about 2 years now and this guitar still in perfect condition.if it were stolen I will rather buy a different guitar that really suits me. This guitar only suits a beginners. I love this guitar because it worth my money. To me its a very good guitar for the price. The moment I brought this guitar, the guitar seller wants me to choose between Fender Strat and this guitar because it has the same price. I choose this guitar rather than the Fender because this guitar have humbucker compared to the Fender that only has a single coil pickup. This guitar looks better, plays better than the sh-tty Fender. Lol. I highly recommend this guitar for beginners that play rock style music.

You can use this guitar for a small gig.no problems at all. The hardware is perfect. It seems that it will last forever. Lol. This guitar have been fall from wall many times(before I but guitar stand), but still no flaws. I guess that you can use this guitar to kill zombies. Lol, so far no problems with the strap button. The finish seems that it will last forever.

This guitar was not perfectly set up in the factory. I have to send this guitar to service to fix everything i.e. pickup height, string height, intonation, the trus rod etc. There should be no problem with guitar as long you readjust everything since buying. The action feels good for me. So far no problem about the finish except for the finish can get easily scratched. The only thing I hate about this guitar is the neck feels cheesy. Its very hard to shred crazy stuff on the neck bot it might be okay for the beginners. I've play guitar for about 3 years and the guitar neck doesnt't really suits my playing anymore.

Mine is made in China, got 22 frets, black metallic finish which shows every dirt and fingerprints. H/S/S pickup position.non locking tremolo which goes out of tune easily. Medium frets. White pickguard, a volume knob and a tone knob. 5-way selector. This guitar looks much like Ibanez RG. Comes with gig strap, cable, tools and picks.

M4rk0776
    its decent. doesnt compare to the Rg 320 dx though. better under $300-400 guitar
    pinheadslts75
    Was my first electric guitar. Comparing it to my stuff now, it's okay. It has no tuning stability and I don't like the sound of the pickups but there's nothing particularly terrible about it, I guess.
    lockheart
    For beginners this guitar must feel great, but after a year or two beginners start to evolve and little by little you start finding all the flaws in your beginner guitar and feeling how much it starts to limit your playing... But its too late to get rid of it, you can't, your in love xD
    vadim.taranov.1
    Hey guys, this guitar is my first electric guitar. I'm playing guitar science 2010, bought GRX40 1,5 years ago. When I bought it I just scratched off my index finger on the left hand as it had bad finishing. I will not rate the way it sounds, you rate please. This is metal, as I play guitar bad): So check my profile: https://soundcloud.com/stream Hope this will help you to choose guitar. Sorry for english guys. Vadim
    dylan.kadabra
    Hey I just picked up one of these bad boys on Craigslist for 40$! I love it, I want to know what kind of whammy bar I can get for a replacement and the suggestions on strings to use for this guitar for rock/metal?