GRX70 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX70

Purchased from: Bought Used

This Guitar suits Nu-Metal and Metal but can also gives a gritty Grunge sound. I plug this Guitar into a Marshall 30 Watt amp which brings gives this guitar alot of edge. With a distorted sound this Guitar is Heavy. You can't go wrong when playing Metal on this baby. The sound is very full and crunchy but can be smooth when played on a clean channel. I love how this guitar was born to rock, I have had many complaints from neighbors about how loud it is!!

I play Rock, Metal, Nu-Metal and Grunge on this Guitar and it matches everyone of them to a tee!! I wish this Guitar had more tonal controls and would sustain notes longer. I also wish that that there where better humbuckers featured on this guitar. I compare this to a Fender Squire Strat as they are both budget guitars. Having played the Strat the Ibanez beats the hell out of it!! If you have the choice between the two choose the Ibanez, At least they are proud of the Guitar and dispay the proper logo instead of calling it a Squire!!

I jam with my mates alot with this guitar. I slam it, punch it and scrape it millions with my picks but it stands it. This guitar can take one hell of a beating. The hardware as this is a cheap guitar has lasted but I feel will not last for much longer ut this can be expected of a Guitar which retails at about 200. The finnish is excellent however it is prone to get dirty quickly and thumb and finger prints show easily. It requires polishing everyday to keep it looking pristine. I can depend on this guitar always and all the time. It rulz!!

The guitar was set up nicely in the factory but I have since adjusted the pickups. The bridge was well routed but I have again tightened it. However the tonal control is very loosely fitted and has been repaired on countless occasions and the neck has had to be re-ighted.

My Guitar was made in 2000 in Indonesia, it has 22 & a 1/2 medium frets. Its a Laminated top with a Jewel Blue finnish. There is a volume control, one tonal control and a 5 way pick up selector. The pickups are Ibanez standard pickups and all electronics are standard. A Maple body with a laquered Jewel Blue finnish. It has Stratocastor stlyle cuttaways and the the bridge is a sting-thru body. The neck is a medium thin neck.