GRX70 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX70

Purchased from: Guitar Base

My style is metal/thrash but I sometimes dabble into a bit of Led Zep and Oasis alongside classics such as The Beatles. My loop is made up of DigiTech Deathmetal distortion and a DigiTech Turbo Flanger and this is all fed through the clean setting on a Carlsbro GLX100 with the great little 'crunch' button on which really ups your palm mutes. It can be very noisy but picks up every vibration though the pickups and has a smooth tone, though it can be noisy it can also make a bright clean tone.

This is a perfect match for me even if it was my first guitar as I have been playing for over 2 years now and haven't done any grades but can play all Slipknot and most Trivium if you wish to judge me like that. If I could have any guitar I would have the Ibanez Mick Thomson singture as it is just equal to a mantalist trapped inside a guitar. Love it. I love the feel of this guitar and I now know that by a fact Flying V's by Stagg are terrible.

I have used it a lot of times and when the volume is up the sound of the guitar is rich as is it on a lower volume. Its downfall are the crappy strap button the have ruined one of my straps to I now have those little plastic things that lock your strap in place to stop it falling off/killing my strap. None of the finish has scratched so it seems hard as Diamond to me.

All of my guitar was set up perectly and with a strap, practice amp, picks and case which most of now have been replaced due to the amp only being 15w. For the price it is a very good guitar for the tag value. Very nice.

It is a japanese made guitar with quite a thin neck which is good for my styles of guitar. I have the black version which, in my opinion, is much a better looker than the white version. Even if the brigde is weak it usually holds it's own but will sometimes struggle. It has a pickup set of humbucker-single-humbucker which will be great for metal/punk/heavier stuff but if you Switch to clean it will still be efficient but is not as suited.

rzemon
    The GRX neck is great (I love all Ibanez gutars for that) but the pickups are really terrible. One guy wrote he plays metal on these - I don't want to hear how that sounds. After changing pickups to sth better GRX proves to be a relatively versatile and reliable instrument. Wouldn't use it as a main guitar on a gig, but works fine as a back-up.
    Azuro
    I own this guitar. Good one for starting. I'm satisfied with it but Pickups are definately the weakest point.
    ddusandu
    Hehe first time I used it it fell off my shoulders - the strap was crappy - and it's still like new
    ddusandu
    First time I played my guitar- this one - it fell off my shoulders into the ground - crappy strap - and it's still like new
    -LAW-
    I like this guitwiddle good starter guitar.. although the pickups kinda suck.
    vesitata
    Bought it used for 100$ with changed pickups..INF1 and INF2. Best bargain of my life. It sounds great with my Vox da5.