GRX70 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX70

Purchased from: Mashhad, Iran

I'm a beginner/intermediate player who just enjoy playing. Not exact genres but I guess this axe is suitable for metal/rock/blues. I use it trough Software amp simulators (GR, Amplitube,...) in low/middle Volume levels. Single coil has a lot of noise but humbuckers don't. Pickups aren't good for pros but it's acceptable for players like me.

It was my first guitar. I'm playing for 9 months. If it were stolen I wouldn't buy it again and go for another RG321 in same price range. I love it's visual attractiveness and price. I recommend this guitar to beginners who want to start playing on low budget. They could keep it as a backup guitar later.

If you don't have to tune your guitar in live playing there would be no problems. The other hardware are reliable. I recommend using this axe as a backup guitar. Finish is beautiful but your fingerprints stay on it and you must clean it every day. But man, you came to play on a gig, not a fashion show!

Action was a bit high and I set it myself. It's quality was awesome for that price. The only thing I hate is tuners! They aren't precise and my G string tuner is hard to rotate. I rather a fixed bridge version with better tuners. But I have one. My RG321mh:D

It came on a jump-start pack but I bought it separately. 2009 China made, 22Frets, HSH pickup configuration, Rosewood fingerboard, Normal Frets, Night black finish (Black with metallic small dots), Shark-tooth inlays,... I don't want to repeat things the others mentioned above.

Gitaarbanaan
    I happen to own this guitar starterpack thingie too, and well, I like the guitar. Point is that the finish had already been damaged by putting in on its stand, traveling with the thing in a gigbag etc. It really can't withstand a lot of scraping. I took a good look at the scratch and it looks like there is only 1 or 2 layers on it. Plus the humbuckers don't buck a lot of hum to be honest..But the neck is nice and the tremolo plays nice too I prefer it over my brothers squier starterset...