GRX720 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX720

Purchased from: Music123.com

I play lots of metal, shred, progressive, and classic rock music and this fits all of these standards. It has a really nice low end sound and the highs are great too. How ever it's a little too bassy, all you gotta do is turn down your lows on your amp about 3 from where it is already. But the guitar is sensitive to the movement of your arm, for instance if you tap the guitar a tad you can hear it through the amp, it really isn't that big of a deal.

From Morbid Angel to Dream Theater this guitar will fit your liking for sure. If your looking for a seven string for experimenting to see if you like it, or looking for a solid guitar this is the right guitar for you. If this was lost or stolen, would I be pretty pissed off because I think they're done making this model (according to Music123 you can't take my word perfectly) but I would definitally go buy a new one or beat the shit out of the bastard that stole it in the first place. It's kinda hard to loose a guitar, you don't just lose guitars like you loose picks. I wish it had floyd rose just because it looks cool and also I wish it had a flat black finish.

Haven't had any shows with it yet, but I can tell this ones gonna last. This guitar is pretty beasty and looks it too. I bought strap locks for it to be extra carefull. Of course I would always have a backup, anything can go wrong, aside that I wouldn't go without a backup if everything went perfect.

The action set-up was way to high for my likings, so I lowered it to my likings. The pickup were almost touching the strings so I lowered them a bit. The pickup selector is not in a good spot for switching from rhythm to solo (bridge to neck and vica-versa). The finish on this guitar is awesome, though I do prefer flat black opposed to glossy black.

Well first off the guitar is my first seven string and it is pretty damn good. - Rosewood fingerboard - Agathis body - Standard 7 tremelo - 1 volume, 1 tone - 2 Axis 7 humbuckers - 3-way pickup selector - Pickgaurd - 22 medium frets - String trees on D-e I'm glad it came with a tremelo, it does not go out of tune period after divebombing many times which is amazing to me because my other guitar with a similar bridge would go out with a simple dip. The entire shape of the guitar is beautifull, I love the head stock. I wish the pickups were a little better though.

qwertyuiopasdfg
    hey, does any one know where I can get one of these guitars I've been looking everywhere. If you do please please please email me at jjpcmlunt@aol.com thanks for your help
    maguire
    I got mine at Elderly Intruments (www.elderly.com), if you ask nice maybe you can order one.
    Spedwin142
    Tremolo doesn't go out of tune?! That's awesome!!! I wouldn't know since I need a new whammy bar for mine. I bought it used and it was missing. Any idea where to find one?