GRX720 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRX720

Purchased from: Crossroads Guitar House

I mostly play Metal and Hard Rock including Korn, System Of A Down, Skillet, and Escape the Fate. I have a crappy First Act 10 watt amp my friend gave to me. It sucks but it will have to do for now. I overuse the bridge humbucker pickups, usually when playing songs with heavy distortion. The humbucker gives a rich/full sound, while the neck pickups gives a nice clean sound. The distortion on my amp is very fuzzy, but messing around with the tone knob fixes it easy.

Overall, I would highly recommend this guitar to any musician Who is looking for a good guitar for a very cheap price, but if your looking for something that meets the standards of a PRS or something, this is not for you. If this was lost or stolen, then I would get either an Ibanez GRX20 or an RG120. But I think this guitar is great all around.

I do believe that this guitar would be able to tsnad a live show. I had dropped it once, and the finish stayed clean and chip- free. The hardware seems durable. It depends on how you takecare of the guitar is how it will end up. One complaint I had was that the strap buttons were kinda loose. But my dad fixed them and there fine. The finish seems very thick and cannot be cracked. It seems fine.

The action is lower than the center of the dirt in my yard. The pickups were very well put together along with everything else on the guitar. The finish is almost indestructable. Everything on the guitar is good except the pickups selector clicks a lot when ever I'm switching through. And the humbucker almost blew my speaker. But besides that, the guitar didn't contain any flaws.

I have a pretty good feeling that it was made in Japan. It has 22 frets, a rosewood fingerboard, maple neck, 25.5 neck scale, medium frets, Strat styled body, glossy black finish, Floyd Rose bridge, a volume and tone knob, a 5 way selector Switch, and S-S-H pickup configuration. Suits my needs.

PhillCantu93
    I own one of these, and for an entry-level instrument, it is ****ing FANTASTIC. If you're looking for a fairly basic 7 string and you can find one of these on hand, get it!