GSA20 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSA20

Purchased from: Guitar center

I play death metal and blues, which are two contradicting styles but the pickups have such a variety of sounds, and the neck is so perfect that it doesn't matter what you really play. I use a Line 6 Spider IV 75 watt amp and no effects but it sounds like I'm using a distortio0n pedal with it when I have the volume all the way up but at 4.5 it sounds clean and clear. The sound is impressive for the price.

Awesome!!! This guitar is one of my favorites and if I find another one I'm going to buy it. The guitar was a deal for what I got on it. I give the guitar a 10 over all because it is all I need in a guitar and it works well.

This guitar is better than some that cost $1000+ if you can find one buy it. The tuning stability is good if you're playing in drop C or drop B, but the hard ware lasted for 10 years so why not more? Being a lead guitarist I need stability and I get it. I use the trem a lot so I have to tune in between songs at gigs, but any guitar without locking tuners you will have do that.

The guitar came with a low action but I put the bridge up to get a higher action. The volume knob came loose but I was able to fix that. I bought this guitar used so it was in good condition for being ten years old. The trem kind of screws up the tuning because I have it floating, but if you vibrate it after lifting it it kind of tunes it self back.

2002 GSA20 Korea. 22 frets 25.5" neck scale, medium frets 3/4 size Strat style body, black finish, Ibanez standard trem, open coil passive pickups 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, 3 way slotted switch, standard Ibanez tuners and humbuckers, Ernie Ball switch.

rv_phoenix
    "Impressive for the price" means sheer crap. Let's not fool ourselves: a GSA belongs to Ibanez's GIO Series. The only Ibanez thing in it is the logo on the headstock. All the rest is cheap Chinese crap. Only someone who knows nothing about playing could rate it above 5.
    MaggaraMarine
    Oh man what a crappy review! Almost all 10/10 for a 75 buck guitar, playing through a crappy Line 6 amp? Oh and you say that a 75 buck guitar beats something that costs over 1000 bucks. Well, let me laugh! Sorry, man, this just sucks!
    I know this. Our school has an Ibanez SA with same kind of "feature". Ibanez "vintage-style" tremolos suck, they don't keep tuning no matter how soft vibrato you do. But I don't think this guitar even beats the SA160(?) that our school has.
    sstony
    After reading this I think Ill toss my PRS singlecut out the window and see if I can find one of these.
    MaggaraMarine
    And where did that volume knob thing come from? What amp settings are you talking about? And of course a volume knob does that. The more volume the more output and the more distortion.
    alexisXcore
    headbang123
    Dude i got a guitar at a for EIGHTY bucks. And you know what? It's a piece of crap. I mean I'll take your word for this (espeicially since its an Ibanez and the one i bought was a frickin' Squirr Stagemaster)but you rarely get 10 for 10 quality for one hundred bucks let alone seventy five....
    TheBigDirty716
    i hate reviews like this... it makes me feel like these are my peers on this site. you straight up say the guitar doesn't stay in tune. Then you not only say it works... but you give it a 10? kid... set your standards higher. guitars like this are like fat chicks... fun to play with.. but dont ever let your friends see you playing it
    MaggaraMarine
    alexisXcore wrote: "I play death metal and blues" i facepalm myself... 75$ 9.6 i didnt even bother in reading all that you are probably a 10 years old kid who think that kirk hammet is the best guitarrist in the world.
    Well, the 10 years was right except it was not his age. He has had the guitar for 10 years so he must have been playing for over 10 years.
    Falco_7th
    get a life... and a decent guitar too, before posting f***ing useless crap here... it's like giving a 10 to a 1 minute f***... what a waste of time...