GSA20 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 02/01/2012 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Ibanez: GSA20
I play death metal and blues, which are two contradicting styles but the pickups have such a variety of sounds, and the neck is so perfect that it doesn't matter what you really play. Awesome!!! This guitar is one of my favorites and if I find another one I'm going to buy it.
 6.7
 9.6
 3.7
 1,942
review (1) pictures (1) 12 comments vote for this gear:
GSA20 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 01, 2012

Purchased from: Guitar center

Features: 2002 GSA20 Korea. 22 frets 25.5" neck scale, medium frets 3/4 size Strat style body, black finish, Ibanez standard trem, open coil passive pickups 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, 3 way slotted switch, standard Ibanez tuners and humbuckers, Ernie Ball switch. // 10

Sound: I play death metal and blues, which are two contradicting styles but the pickups have such a variety of sounds, and the neck is so perfect that it doesn't matter what you really play. I use a Line 6 Spider IV 75 watt amp and no effects but it sounds like I'm using a distortio0n pedal with it when I have the volume all the way up but at 4.5 it sounds clean and clear. The sound is impressive for the price. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came with a low action but I put the bridge up to get a higher action. The volume knob came loose but I was able to fix that. I bought this guitar used so it was in good condition for being ten years old. The trem kind of screws up the tuning because I have it floating, but if you vibrate it after lifting it it kind of tunes it self back. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is better than some that cost $1000+ if you can find one buy it. The tuning stability is good if you're playing in drop C or drop B, but the hard ware lasted for 10 years so why not more? Being a lead guitarist I need stability and I get it. I use the trem a lot so I have to tune in between songs at gigs, but any guitar without locking tuners you will have do that. // 10

Overall Impression: Awesome!!! This guitar is one of my favorites and if I find another one I'm going to buy it. The guitar was a deal for what I got on it. I give the guitar a 10 over all because it is all I need in a guitar and it works well. // 9

Comments