GSA60 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSA60

Purchased from: Matchetts Music Belfast

At the minute im playin a lot of things (havin difficulty with tribal stuff lol) includin Metallica, Status Quo, AC/DC and it suits all these pretty well if you use just the Humbucker it sound dead death metal then mix it with the mid single coil it sounds really woody. At the moment im bringin it though a Peavy "Rage 158" 15 watt and a "soundking" practice 15 to give it a bit more beef. It dosent seem to make the click sound when changing thru the pickup selector my old axe did.

I was really pleased with the quality of guitar I got for 190 quid really pleased with it especially the whammy arm a good guitar overall I'd recommend you get it if u got deep pockets.

I havent played it live but I gave it a good arse kicking the other day I would take it without a backup to a gig tho. Feels like a brick built shithouse - could withstand a kicking, ya no?

I'm so pleased with the sound I havn't had 2 highten or lower the pickups yet everything works as it should, no flaws. However the black venir on the end bit of the neck looks a bit plasticy and tacky against the wood.

22 medium frets on a rosewood body and maple neck. Agathis body makes this pretty strong and light. Strat Style black body with a laminated top (which I thought went pretty damn well with the chrome hardware). Sat-10 bridge which succumbs really well to the non-lockin tremolo arm and it stays in tune pretty well too. 5-way pickup selector powered by a bridge humbucker and 2 single coils at the mid and neck positions. Volume and tone knobs a second tone knob would have been ideal.