GSA60 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSA60

Purchased from: George's Music

This guitar is very versatile. I can play everything on it. My band plays alternative, rock, and heavy metal, and it plays all seemlessly. My uncle played blues on it two, and it sounded great! It also cleans up nice for acoustic sounds. I put it through a Line 6 Flextone 2 amp, and I use the amps effects. The humbucker is silent when not in play, but the single coils hum, witch is to be expected. It has a bright sound on the humbucker, and a mello sound if you put it towards the neck. The only problem I found, was when I play with distirtion, I had a hard finding the crunch I needed, without all the distortion. I might get EMG's.

One word - awesome! Though if I could I would get a better guitar.

I've never had any problems with this guitar yet. The only thing I had to change was the strap buttons. I got straplocks. Although the balnce is perfect, I still felt the need for them.

The acton came pretty low, but I changed and messed with the guitar so much, I found a perfect action. It is low enough to do a very wide variety of trills and shit, but I can still do pinch harmonics easily. The pickups were set far from the strings, so that was adjusted.

I own the 2004 model. 22 frets. The neck is very comfortable to play on and is easy to get used to almost immediatly. It now comes in blue black and some crazy natural/yellow that I saw once. Mine is blue very nice. I believe it is made with alder body and a maple neck. I'm not postive though. It has the same body shape as the other SA models, just a bit thicker around the edges. It has a stantard tremelo, nothing flashy. Two single coils (neck, middle) and a single powersound humbucker (bridge). One volume, one tone, and a 5-way pickup selector.