GSA60 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSA60

I can get a lot of sounds out of this guitar. From a really soft tone to the Jimi Hendrix/Stevie Ray Vaughan sound that I just love to use when I'm playing live. I play a bluesy music. This guitar can make any sound. I think that that is due to the 5-way selector. However it is fairly noisy. This could be because the setting that I use uses a lot of trble but I doubt it. Some of it is grounding problems because I had to eliminate the grounding pin because my room only has 2 prong outlets.

I like this gutiar a awful lot. However I think that if it were lost I would reach for another Ibanez but maybe something of a little higher quality, and certainly one without a Wilkinson tremolo.

This guitar will withstand live playing. I have played it on several live gigs without a backup and it performs just great. Never has busted a string live. I brought it to a gig for one of my friends as a backup and he ended up playing itr. I think that I will wear out with time. Also I have notived some staining around the nut area.

The guitar was fairly well set up when I got it. However I lowered the action, this is just a personal preference. Also as I mentioned before the tremolo kept drifitng so I had to have that locked down. Also the strings keep rusting on me. This could be becuase of the high humidity in my room.

Lets see I'm not exactly sure where it was made but I'm pretty sure that Ibanez is a Japan based company. It has 22 medium frets, a laminated top and a agathis body (I've never heard of any guitars made out of this wood, based on the feel I would have guessed maple, but shows you how much I know). It is a transparent finish I believe. This is almost exactly a copy of a Strat. The body is almost identical the only thing that is different is the electronics. It comes equipped with on hum-bucker and one single coil pickup. Unfortuneatly it has a wilkinson tremeolo, which is just about my only complaint about the guitar. This thing drifted like hell. Finally I broke down and took it into the shop. The teck locked down the bridge and has worked great ever since. However if you are buying this guitar for the tremolo don't buy it. It has one volume and one tone with a five way selector Switch. It came with a gig bag and a 25 foot cable.