GSA60 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSA60

Purchased from: A Friend

I play a lot of different styles of music, blues, classic hard rock, metal, punk, pop, some jazz and a little country. I play through a Traynor reverb mate 40 and I only use two pedals, a Boss HM-01 Distortion pedal and a Crybaby GCB-95 standard wah pedal. I don't know what my cables are. This gutiar has a great sound with both distortion and clean, and has a tone that is wide enough to covers the different genres that I play. The Bridge Pickup is pretty quiet but the Single coils in the neck and middle have some buzz. But that's something to be expected with single coil pickups.

This guitar is great if you play a different types of music. It covers a variety of tones from jazz to blues to rock & metal. I've been playing for a couple years now and I own 7 other guitars. An Ovation CK-057 acoustic Electric, a 1986 Ibanez Blazer, a no-name Classical, a First Act and 2 Johnson Del Mar Strat Knock-offs. Compared to all these guitars it is my #1 fav. besides my Blazer. If this gutiar got stolen or was lost I would buy another one ASAP! I love the way it sounds and plays, But I really wish I would stay in tune for longer periods of time. It would be nice if it had a better pair of tuners and maybe a floyd rose.

The guitar is pretty durable. I've dropped it a couple times and it's still in one piece. I've only played it at one gig but it did well, I did have some feedback issues but that's no big deal. The finish looks like it's not gonna be worn out ne time soon. The only Concern was that I had to stop and re-tune a lot between songs. Because of these tuning issues I would probably bring a backup gutiar for detuned songs, but I play mostly in standard tuning soo I would be all set with just this guitar.

When I bought the guitar it was set up just as it was in the factory. It did have a high action, due to the .011's that the previous owner put on them, but switching from 11's to .095's seemed to fix that problem. It does have a noisey volume knob and some oxidation on the hardware but everything else is perfect on it.

I'm not sure of what year it is, I know it's fairly new. It was built in Indonesia. It's got a really nice 22 fret rosewood neck with medium sized frets. It's got a nice solid dark blue finish and has a humbucker at the bridge and two single coils in the neck and middle position, all 3 are the factory pickups. The controls are simply the 5 way pickup selector and a volume knob and a tone knob. It's got the stock tuners and Strat style tremelo bridge. This guitar came with a hardshell gator case, I belive this was purchased seperately by the previous owner.

Martijn89
    I really like this guitar. Sounds great, I think it has good pickups (except the single coil on the neck, the middle single coil sounds lots better!) and the price is amazing. Also the looks are great. I have the 2004 BT model. I like the pure wood look!
    rohi22
    this is the worst guitar i ever played i didnt like her she dont have a style she is just a regular guitar