GSA60 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSA60

Purchased from: GAK

This guitar suits a variety of music styles perfectly, from slow love songs to heavy metal. I usually play rock/alternative etc, and it fills my requirements perfctly. The humbucker makes no noise when played, and I think the single coils give a small amount of hum. It is a rich and bright sound, when used with all configurations. You could play any style of music on this guitar.

I have been playing 3-4 years now, and I haven't upgraded since. I run this through a beringher wah and into a Vox AD30VT. It is perfect for my style of music and many others. If it were stolen or lost, I would upgrade, but buy it again for old times sake! The finish was perfect, lovely and thick-so it seems so far. I have compared this to a Fender Strat, and I preferred my guitar! This may sound crazy, but it's true! I chose it because it's my guitar, nothing else would do (except maybe a Gibson Les Paul).

I've played this Live several times-not to mention dropping it, and I only have one chip where you can see the wood, and that was because the venue had a nail head stucking out of the floor which it fell on. I dropped it twice at one gig, everything was fine, a small chip, but only the clear varnish finish, and it stayed in tune. I switched to locking tuners, even though the balane is perfect, just for reasurrance. I have used it without a backup every time!

My dad's friend, Who is a pro guitarist set this guitar up, but he said he only needed to raise the action slightly higher, which is simple by anyones standards. The Pickups were perfect, and I haven't adjusted them since. Everything was perfect. I haven't adjusted anything since I put 11-48 gauge strings on, and I added a spring to the tremolo.

This guitar has 22 frets, and I think it was made in Indonesia. The neck is made of maple, and the fretboard rosewood. It is a solid top guitar and I think the body is maple. It comes in a variety of different finishes-black, trans blue and tobacco burst. It is the 'superstrat' style, which is basically a Strat with a humbucker in the bridge position. The bridge style is a Standard tremolo, or I think a string-thru body. The elctronics are passive, and the controls are a 5-way switch, wolume and tone. Pickup config is (from neck to bridge) S-S-H, and I think they are Ibanez. I don't know much about the tuners, but they are non-locking.

MTJR
    Just wondering, would a basswood version of this guitar be better? Cos here in Singapore almost al Ibanezs are made of basswood.
    metalb0y
    I got this guitar recently and It's great. I love it. Great sound and absolutely great for the price! Nice black wood finish which is lamenated, well worth all the money.. Only problem i found is that the lower e string started to ring on the same day i bought it and i just adjusted the string height so It's fine now. It's got a sweet sound.