GSA60 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSA60

Purchased from: Standard Value (Singapore)

I play mostly hard rock and metal, and sometimes alternative rock. This guitar really does it all and does it well. I use it with a Sound Drive SG-10 amplifier and it's a bit noisy because of the stock pick-ups and humbucker. If I change those to DiMarzio's which I will, this guitar's gonna be the ultimate. It can make a wide variety of sounds, even a somewhat 'Stratocaster' sound by activating the middle pickup only. But on humbucker, this guitar is really heavy.

This guitar is really versatile. I would have got a Strat but I would not have been able to play metal and hard rock. This guitar can do anything rock, but sadly, not versatile enough for clean stuff. If it were stolen or lost but I have a bigger budget, I would buy a higher-end guitar. But if I have just enough, I would buy the Ibanez GSA60 again. But I'll still have to upgrade the pickups.

I have not played it Live yet, but it is a very solid guitar. It can last better than plenty of expensive guitars. I know Ibanez is famous for exceptional quality at affordable prices, versatility, etc. Add solidness and durability to it. Seriously, I've seen Herman Li abuse his S Prestige guitars! Of course being a Gio, it's not as durable as the S Prestige but it's definitely really solid. No wear and tear yet.

The action was incredibly accurate to my preferrence. They probably could read my mind. I could shred on it immediately! The pick-ups were perfect position, and there were no flaws I could see except for the poorly cut nut. Built in China. It's a gio. Even with that nut cut, if a China-made guitar can be so excellent, I'm going Ibanez and nothing else. The neck is rough with satin lacquer, but feels smooth and well-done.

It is one if the newer ones, built rather recently. It was China-made. It has 22 medium frets on a NATO (top-grade mahogany neck) neck, and duh, is a solid-body guitar. The body is basswood, I think older GSA60s have Agathis bodies. The finish is Jewel Blue so it's a bit boring. It is a double-cutaway fat Strat design, with a floating bridge and Standard tremolo. It is a string-through body and has two stock single-coil pickups and a double-coil humbucker at the bridge, which gives it great versatility. Non-locking tuners. Hey, what do you expect? it's a Gio series, not an SA Prestige.

onbirceyrek
    in turkey, my friends says me "this guitar is pure!". i bought it to 290$. but i can't sell it to the same cost. bought 290$ selling 175$. i like its tones. playing is so easy. but now i want to buy an acoustic. so i must sell it. but i can't sell it ibought cost. therefore i don't prefer this guitar. you can buy better one than this to same cost. anlayan anladı