GSA60 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSA60

I play nearly all types of music from blues and classic to Jimi Hendrix and John Mayer. It is fairly versatile when it comes to a rich tone. When you have lots of distortion when using the bridge, the harmonics are great. I use a Line six spider 3 amp which sounds good. I'm sure if I had a Marshall, it would be better but the Line 6 comes with installed effects. The best attribute to this guitar is probably the sound.

This model, like all Ibanez's, are best accompanied with powerful rock. Although it doesn't neccesarily sound bad when playing other types, older rock is best because os it's harmonic pickup and power tone. The guitar would be a great match with a Marshall or Fender amp. If anything, I would wish that the model had a different wood neck and a different pick up for the neck. I've only been playing for about 3 years but I would recommend this model to anyone who is just starting and doesn't want that damn Squier.

So far, this model is perfect for what I'm doing (small gigs and at-home playing). The guitar itself seems like it was beautifully crafted and could last a life-time. I see very little flaws and everything seems to be holding strong like the strap buttons and pick up. The finish to the body is great. After 3 years there is very few dents and scratches for a little of accidental bangs to the wall.

The action to the guitar is ok. I got it re-adjusted shortly after getting it. All the knobs and pick-ups seem to be fine for 2 years of playing and the neck it still the way it was when I bought it. My guess is it will last for a long time with minimal repair. as of now I don't see any real damages that have been caused due to manufactures or natural problems. The finish and looks are fantastic. I've never seen my color of this model before but mine if a orangish natual wood color with a sweet gloss over it.

I'm not sure when this model was made but I'm guessing 2003 in the US. It has a preety nice rosewood fingerboard and 23 medium size frets. The guitar feels great when playing nearly all types of music but playability could be increased if it was made of a maple neck. My finish is this (I think custom) natural wood color with a little yellow throughout. It features a 5-way tune selector, 2 single coils and a nice humbucker by the bridge that picks up greatly with harmonics. Overall it looks nice given the cost. Then only bad part is my intonation gave out in about 6 months. But other than that, it's features are good.