GSA60 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSA60

Purchased from: Craigslist.org

I play a style consisting mainly of 80s to 90s heavy metal and blues. Depending on the amp and effects you have it fit's that style. I'm using a First Act M2A110 amp with a Zoom G1 effects pedal with it and it sounds pretty good. It's a pretty loud guitar in general even acoustically. The guitar is really good with natural and pinch harmonics.

My heavy metal/blues style works really well with it. The guy I got it from on craigslist played a classic rock style so he gave it up to metal players because it has great distorion! I've been playing since December 15, 2007 but that doesn't matter because this guitar is great for beginner and advanced players. I also own a Drive Wildfire guitar, a Zoom G1 effects pedal, a First Act M2A110 amp, a Rogue SX100B bass and a Titn Xl-300 bass amp. If This Guitar were to be stolen or lost I would definitely buy another one if I could find one somewhere cheap like I did. I love evrything about it except the nick in the 4th fret I told about. My favorite feature is probably the clean neck since I do a lot of Malmsteen shredding. I didn't really compare with anything else because I was really desperate for a guitar at that point in time. A few things I wish it had would be a killswitch and an Ibanez Edga Pro Tremolo bridge and locking tuners. Overall it's a great guitar!

I've played tons gigs with this axe so it's durable during them. The hardware has lasted me a while so far. The strap buttons work well unless you make them not work good. I completely depend on this guitar it's one I use during practice and gigs. The finish iis really great I've accidenally spilled liqiuds on it and nothing happened to it at all!

The action is not that bad but there is an indent in the 4th fret due to low action. The pickups were aligned without me needing to make any adjustments to them. The top was bookmatched very well and the bridge is ok not the best with routing. Also the pickup selector is a little noisy.

I'm not sure what year it was made in but it was made in USA. It Has 22 frets with a rosewood fretboard. It's a solid top with Alder wood. It has a rare Orange finish that's a smooth Strat style. It has a basic Ibanez Tremolo bridge. It has Passive electronics.volume and Tone controls and a %-way selector Switch. The bridge pickup is a Ibanez stock pickup. The middle pickup and neck pickup are Ibanez single coil pickups. Non-locking tuners made by Ibanez. There was a gig bag and strap included with it.

rock_on_
    Bought from- Musician's Friend Price Paid- $275 This guitar has been a very very good one for me. I've been playing it for about 2 years and it goes to every show with me. The neck has a very nice feel. Definitely a good guitar for a begining player. Recently the iput went out and it cost me about $10 to fix. Not a real big deal. The only bad thing I have to say about it is the pickups are not real great. But those can easily be replaced. But overall a great buy for under $300.
    Good Ol' Ramos
    I paid $100 for this guitar used. The coils were rusty, there was this weird dried up dust covering it, the tremolo bar was gone, and there were scuffs and swirl marks all over the jewel blue body. I've since gotten out most of the rust and replace all the black screws throughout with stainless steel ones. Looks more expensive that way. I picked up a Fender tremolo bar that just screwed right in. There's brand new strings on it. A tip for all of you who like a clean guitar: pick up some swirl mark remover from the Auto department at your local Wal-Mart. Put it in a tiny spot to make sure it works and then have at it. My guitar looks and sounds far more expensive than when I first got it. I'm now trying to decided what pickups to purchase for this H-S-S set. I'm also trying to get some prices on locking knobs, and maybe add another tone knob if that won't be too difficult.
    K!d_MeTaL
    I bought mine two months ago and it's way better then my Squire strat so I'm happy
    TheLetheProject
    I bought this guitar in April 2009 and I'm not really fond of it. My main issues with it are the fret buzz and the neck. It'd seem like a decent shredding guitar, but if I make the action even a little bit lower, I get a bunch of fret buzz. The neck is just a little too thin for me as well.