GSA60 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSA60

I play all sorts of music but my favorites are punk rock like Guns N' Roses and classic rock like AC/DC or Led Zeppelin. It suits all styles well as do all entry level guitars do. I run in through my 80 watt Rocktron Rampage rt80 amplifier and it sounds decent. It's not noisy on any settings but the sound is pretty much the same on all pickups settings although on bridge only it's slightly brighter. There isn't much variety.

It matches any style of playing, but that's what entry level guitars are meant to do. I've played for about two years, I own a Peavey Raptor Plus as my backup guitar then my Rocktron Rampage RT80 amp. If I lost it I would buy a different guitar but that's because this was my first one. I love the sound from the pups, I hate the durability. I wish it had an HH conguration instead of fat-strat. Action fit and finish were great.

This is the killer. It will withstand live playing. The hardware will not last. One of the bridge saddles got sharp but lucky for me that that's a cheap fix. The input jack broke about six months after buying it. You definitely should not gig with this without a backup! The finish will last.

The action was great! When I took it to Guitar Center for various reasons, like classes or to test amps, whenever I let a guitar center employee play it they tell me about how great the action is. The pups were fine too. Their were no factory flaws. The pups produce a very nice sound.

My Ibanez GSA60 was purchased in 2008 and was made in Korea. It's got 22 and a half frets, medium sized. It's solid top, made of agathis wood and the neck is rosewood. I have it in the plain blue finish although it is also available in black. The body style is that of the Ibanez S series but for those of you whose don't know that means a Strat type body with fat Strat pup configuration. The bridge is some Ibanez replica of a floyd rose. It has two Ibanez powersound single coils in the neck and middle position and an Ibanez powersound humbucker in the bridge postition. There are one volume knob and one tone knob and a 5 way pup switch. The tuners are by Ibanez and are just Standard tuners.

TheLetheProject
    TheLetheProject
    TheLetheProject wrote: After spending more time with this guitar, I find it's decent. The single-coils are okay. The humbucker has piercing highs and gets pretty muddy with too much gain. After getting it set up, the fret-buzz problem has gone away. I'm fine with the neck now. I don't use the trem much, but it goes out of tune with extensive use.
    Actually, the 'bucker gets a little bit muddy, but it's not awful. For ~$200, you can't expect great clarity.
    jambododger
    Great Guitar for the price, Tremolo is little weak with heavier strings but its a cheap guitar and the pickups can be replaced