GSA60 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSA60

I play this guitar at least 2 hours a day, and although it was second hand it has stayed in pretty good condition. I mainly play alternative rock and punk such as Muse and Green Day. This guitar works pretty well with these styles. I've only just started learning guitar so I have an Orange Crush amp at home, and it sounds awful. The pickups do not give this justice, but when I'm at my lesson I play on a Fender Mustang II, and it sounds a lot better. I mainly use the Bridge pu and that can sometimes make the guitar be a bit noisy, other than that it sounds pretty goos with many different styles.

Overall, this guitar seems like it should just be a beginners guitar. It is pretty heavy, so long times playing would be difficult, but I seem to have a strange bond with this guitar, being my first and all. Although, if it were stolen or lost I would not buy it again. After learning I really want to play heavy metal so I would probably get a Randy Rhoads.

I've never played this song live, and I honestly don't think it could handle it. Apart from the previously mentioned hardware, the rest is pretty good, and the strap locks are tight on. If you were to gig this you would probably have to bring a backup. Possibly a guitar with a better range of sound.

As this was second hand it did have its problems. First of all the body the chipped in the corner, which is highly noticable. The Tone control sometimes comes loose if you turn it too strongly, and the Bridge pickup is slightly wobbly. But for a beginner like me it is pretty good if you use the right strings.

This guitar was made in Indonesia, unsure of the year. It has 22 medium frets on a maple neck. The body is a classic strat. It has a tone, volume and a 5-way selector. It has PSNDS in neck and middle position with PSND2 in the Bridge position. The finish was blue which is pretty bad because fingerprints show up easily.

MaggaraMarine
    flipmaster wrote: Just a note... - This guitar does not Kick Ass. - Is not really fit for a concert since does not really stay in tune that well. BUT: + it costs about 200 euro's (cheapest Gibson LP is about 1199/1299) + its nice enough for beginner/those who do not really have one style and need to figure out what their style is + Sounds good enough for your own house 10/10 for beginners 7/10 the somewhat more advanced persons and lets not talk about the people that play in bands because they should buy an other guitar
    Cheapest Gibson LP is like 600. But they are something that you only pay for the name so not the best.