GSA60 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSA60

Now I play a lot of alternative rock, light metal e.g. Papa Roach, Three Days Grace, BVB, Metallica and BFMV and this guitar is fantastic!, I get a great high end tone from the humbucker which is versatile as hell, the neck pickup gives me a great Strat style clean tone which sounds very springy, and the middle pickup I use when playing intro's or solo's. I play this through either IK Multimedia's amplitube, or my Kustom amp and Behringer V-amp and it is phenomenal it will play anything you through at it.

For 80 the best guitar in the world ever, will play anything you can dream of and would not let you down, worth the money ten times over, if it was stolen I'd find the guy who took it and use it too beat him into the ground, it wouldn't matter cause it would still work. I compared it to other HSS guitars such as Pacificas, a Jackson Dinky and other Ibanez's and I just happened to find this one cheap. You are missing out not owning one.

I would happily throw this guitar from a roof and still have Faith in it, as long as I was playing standing up, when sitting down if the lead plug digs into a couch or something then it will make a horribly buzzy noise similar to if you had it unplugged but this causes very few problems.

This guitar was preowned when I bought it but the guy hadn't adjusted anything and I've left it that way, the action is just right, I can bend it with very little effort and the pickups pick the sound up great.

My GSA is blue with a GSA maple neck and medium frets and an agathis body, it has a sat10 bridge a PSND2 humbucker at the bridge and PSNDS's in the neck and middle positions, you get a volume, tone and 3 way Strat style selector switch. Pretty basic stuff but for the money you don't expect everything. But I will say there isn't a lot of give in the tremolo when bending upwards using it there is very little room for a big bend.

iluvnol
    it deserves no more than a 6,5/10.. very cheap, not terrible, but it actually has its flaws.