GSZ120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSZ120

Purchased from: MusiciansFriend.com

I play all sorts of music from punk to metal to soft rock. This guitar seems to be able to play them all with no problem, usually the amp and effects are more responsible for the quality level of sound anyways though. I am using my Peavey 15w amp with a Boss MetalZone pedal when I feel the need for distortion. I have used a wah ped as well and sounded fine considering the lack of power in my amp.

Overall, I think this is one of my best purchases. The look, the sound, the durability and reliability as well as playability is perfect. I bought a silver one to change up the color of my collection, but either black or silver looks good. The next buy will be the JS1000, but until then I think this guitar will do more than enough for me and my many different genres of music I enjoy playing.

Ibanez is a top brand and can be trusted, so I imagine this guitar lasting a lot longer than average. Everything seemed solid and I don't have any issues with the guitar slipping from the strap due to small strap pegs like on my Peavey Raptor (thats so freakin' annoying). I haven't had any issues as far as the reliability and durability parts are concerned.

Smooth! I bought this guitar because I absolutely love the playability of an Ibanez. Every Ibanez I've played is well Different people have different preferences, but one of my top ones is that the guitar has to be quick. I like fast riffs commonly associated with metal, and this fretboard is quick. The frets seem to be at an optimal height allowing fast and efficient finger movements. Everything seemed set up perfect, but again thats a preference thing. No flaws physically and the sound doesnt reveal any either out of the box.

22 smooth frets, thicker style body, maple fingerboard with pearl inlays, comes in black or silver finish with black hardware, one volume knob, two tone knobs, high-mid-low Switch, two pick-ups. Nice sharp and classy look that Ibanez is well known for. Great mid-level guitar, especially for the price.