GSZ120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSZ120

Neck pickup sounds like a Gibson Les Paul but a bit thinner. Bridge pickup sounds like a Fender. I don't think it really sounds the way Ibanez should be (take for example the sound of Paul Gilbert in Just Take My Heart) great sustain, you can let the guitar sing when playing melodic leads, the attack is not that good. Overall it's a good sounding guitar for the price. You can have a great sound with the price paid for it. Just use high end effects for enhancements.

I play '80s and '90s rock, heavy metal, trash, grunge, punk, blues, jazz shred and fast licks it responded well to all the genres. I wish it comes with a hard shell case. I wish the neck width at nut is wider and I wish it has a 24 fret finger board. Overall it gives me all that I need for a guitar. You just need a good amp like a Peavey 112 Bandit or a Marshall and good effects like Boss multiples or Zoom for sound enhancements. Without effects it sounds just about how an electric guitar should be.

No problems yet.

Action is by far higher than the RG Prestige. But I think it is the standard action. Smooth flowing shred licks and liquid leads. On the body it has a small scratch near the neck. Just about right not a problem at all.

Solid mahogany body. Two pickups with three knobs. Bridge tone, bridge volume, neck volume. Silver and black finish. I bought a silver one. Maple neck and rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays. 22 frets (medium I think).