GSZ120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSZ120

Purchased from: Capital Music

It suits me greatly since I play a lot of rock and metal and this guitar sounds great when playing these genres. I am currently using it with a Starfire Mega 10 and I'm going to get a Boss MT-2 metalzone soon for extra drive. It can get get noisy and I pick up feedback when I turn my master and volume nobs all the way up. This guitar is perfectly made for the rock and metal genre. It probably can play blues and other stuff well but it has been built to be used in rock and metal so that is were it shines.

I play rock and metal mostly (a little punk here and there) and it is a great match. It sound even better with effects. I have been playing for about a year and a half now and I'm going to buy a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal very soon which I'm very excited to hear on this guitar. If it was lost or stolen I wouldn't buy it again as I would want to try out different guitars but right now this guitar is a machine and perfect for me.I love the sounds this guitar produces and you just know it can hold it's own in different kinds of rock and metal. I hate nothing about this guitar! I chose this guitar because it was the only Ibanez the store had and I was hell bent on getting an Ibanez casue I loved Linkin Park so much during that time (it was their hybrid theory/meteora days) and I knew Linkin Park only used Ibanez. I just wish this guitar would come with a guitar bag, but I keep it in my old hardcase and now I put my old Yamaha accoustic guitar in the Ibanez box this guitar came with.

This guitar is solidly built and it looks like it can withstand the live show. I haven't used it in 1 yet but I'm sure it wont let me down. I would use it without a backup cause Ibanez guitars are 1 of the best brands when it comes to quality and I would depend on this guitar from everything from studio work to live shows.

This guitar has a brilliant very fast action which is great for very fast riffs. It comes in black and silver. I chose the black cause it looks real awesome. Like a real rock/metal guitar. The pickups were ok but not the guitars strong point. The guitar has no real flaws and has never given me any problems and it is 8 months old.

This guitar was made in the states. It has a nice maple neck with 22 frets. The maple neck allows for really fast shred metal riffs. It as a Standard sz body and is built with the quality we have come to expect from Ibanez. It has 2 volume control nobs and 1 tone nob with a 3-way pickup selector switch. The switch looks good on the guitar and is not the same old boring short switches previous Ibanez guitars had. It comes with a standard cable.

padwaxk88
    This a very good sounding guitar. It's perfect for rock and metal. I own an Epiphone Les Paul and a Gibson SG Special Faded, and this guitar sounds better than both
    ha erm...why even assume that? let alone say it out loud lol, its nice and sounds good, but its a beginner guitar..
    jackrocks4
    anyone know how good it sounds with distortion pickups? im thinkin of getting me one of there and putting new pickuups
    NightBird Blue
    I have a black GSZ120 that I put Dimarzio Evolutions (bridge and neck) in. I like the fatness of the neck pickup, while both pickups together have a good punch, and the bridge is pretty hot, especially when sent through a Boss DS-1. On a side note, I had to have the action adjusted on mine though because it was too high. All in all I am pretty pleased with this as my first electric guitar and will definitely look at Ibanez when it's time to upgrade.
    Ignateus
    All guitars, regardless of whether they are intended for beginners or pros, have thier own unique sound. This is because no two guitar models, regardless of level, have the same set up. It just depends on the users preference. One may prefer the sound of this model compared to the more expensive 'pro' guitars of this series.