GSZ120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSZ120

Purchased from: Music Stop

This guitar suits my music style perfectly. I play a lot of (hard) rock, and (Heavy) metal. I use it with a Line 6 Spider III 30 watt amp (which is very loud.)No pedals, just the normal amp distortion. I don't find it noisy at all, sometimes when I first start the amp up on the "Insane" channel (for awesome distortion) it buzzes for a second then I play and it stops. Amazing sound!

I play a lot of (hard) rock, and (heavy) metal, as mentioned earlier. It matches my style perfectly. I have been playing for about 1 year an 10 months, but I have lots of experience with stuff, I previously owned a BC Rich Warlock Bronze Edition (which sucked), and a Peavey MIlestone III Bass, which was great, but I sold it for my amp. I also have some kind of ION noob guitar, I guess it is a Starter Kit. And a Fender Gemini II 1987 acoustic, and the two amps (Kustom 100 Watt, and the Line6 Spider 30 watt). I don't think there was something I wish I'd asked before I bought this. If it was stolen or lost I would definatley buy a new one of these, they are amazing guitars! I love everything about it, the only thing I used to hate was the headstock because it is kind of small, and it looked funny when I first got it but now I am used to it and it looks kinda cool. Might sound odd, but favorite feater is the bridge, because, compared to the BC Rich Warlock Bronze, the strings are way easier to put in, the BC Rich had a wrap around bridge, this one, you just slide the string in, put it in the little indentation and do the rest, and your done. Also, the indenstation on this guitar are a lot better, they are deeper, ensuriong that your string will stay in there as you tune it. This guitar also sound a lot better then the BC Rich Warlock. I only wish it had a whammy bar, and a lock system. Just so I could say I had a whammy bar on it, plus, they look cool. Love this guitar. You have to buy this guitar it is amazing!

This guitar definatley would be able to withstand a gig, I think it will last me a long, long time, I would use it without another guitar on a gig for sure, I don't see any harm in that. Strap buttons are 100% solid, but tip: never use straps the have clamps because they will loosen the buttons and they will fall out, use the leather kind that you slide over the buttons. The finish seems good enough to last, in my opinion, I have no clue where that scratch came from.

The guitar was set up just about perfect in the store when I tried it out, the only thing wrong with it was that it was out of tune. Pickups were adjusted fine, and still are. The only flaw, as I said, was that it was not in tune. And there is a bit of a paint scuff on the cutaway part, but that's fine, it is gonna happen to a guitarist anyways eventually. That's it though. Otherwise no flaws that really affect sound or playability.

22 Fret Mahogany-Neck guitar. Solid-metallic red body, black headstock with black knobs, bridge, pickups, headstock/keys, all nuts, and selector. Got the SZ body and it cuts away so you can reach the 22nd fret easily (unlike most of the strats I played.) 3-way tone selector, with the volume and tone knobs. Standard pickups, and they sound great. Non locking tuners, no whammy bar (no slot to put one in) but I don't like whammy bars. No included accesories.

eggy1991
    ANOTHER rediculous opinionated reply here! seriously, so it isnt "MOGZ ITZ NOT A FENDER, SO ITS NOT AS GOOD!11!" seriously, i LOVE the sound this guitar makes, teh clean tomes hit you hard, the sharper tones are awesome, and distorted, for dropped c, or even D, this can produce a fantastic sound through even a small "crappy" amp. I hate it when people assume this is cheaper, therefore it is no where near as good...