Iceman IC200 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman IC200

Purchased from: Systems by Trail

I play mostly thrash metal and this guitar suits it very well. I play ith through a DigiTech 300 and a amp that's brand is a complete mystery to me but it has 2 8" speakers and sounds great with this guitar. On a clean setting this guitar musky sound when using the neck pickup and quite bright when using the bridge pickup, very well balanced sound when using both. Distorted this guitar can rock your socks off that's all I have to say about that.

Playing thrash metal this guitar seems perfect for me, I wanted the IC400 but didn't have the funds at the time. I have played guitar for 9 Years but only evry day for the last 6. I also own a Yamaki acustic and a 71 or 72 Fender Strat, Ibanez TB15 practice amp and my larger amp that I don't have a clue about what brand it is. I play through my DigiTech RP300 and also have an origional Dunlop Cry Baby pedal. I bought this guitar because I fell in love with the shape after seeing it played by Paul Stanley, Daron Malakian and the guitarist from White Zombie.

I don't play Live but this guitar would defineatly withstand live playing. The chrome hardware seems like it would last forever. The strap buttons are medium sized and my strap never comes off of them but strap locks are always a good idea. You could depend on this guitar without a backup but that's never a good idea. I have a chip or two in my guitar now (had it since 2004) and I can tell from looking at the chips that the finish is very thick and would take a long time to wear down if it were even posible to do so.

When I got this guitar from the factory it was set up nearly perfect. All I did was lower the action a little bit and it plays beautifully now. The pickups were adjusted just right and I couldn't find a single flaw on this baby even if I had looked with a magnifying glass. After a year of playing it the strap buttons got a little loose but a quick tighten with a Philips screwdriver and she was good to go for a long time more.

Made in 2004 in Korea with 22 Jumbo frets on a 24.75" scale smooth and fast maple neck with a long roomy headstock with 3 tuners on ither side.It has a large mahogany body with a transparent sunburst finish. The body style is very unique and unmistakeable, nothing els looks like an Iceman. The bridge is Ibanez's version of the Tune-O-Matic but instead of the strings going through it they drop in from the top and are secured with a dogleg groove at the bottom of each slot. With passive electronics, 1 volume contol, 1 tone control and a 3-way selector on the upper part of the body this guitar is layed out very well. Comes with 2 Ibanez AH humbucking pickups. It has small non-locking tuners that are very acurate.

Tedward
    When I wrote the review i forgot to add that this guitar ( maybe its just the neck needs adjusting but) is not very good at legato or tapping. Just wanted to post that cuz people looking for this guitar want to know this. I dont know if Daron ever used 200s on stage but they are easily as heavy as LPs, very long as well.
    Der Bomber
    Dudes, dudes, dudes... Where is the beauty that I'm not seeing? That piece of six-strings is just hideous!
    MyIronLung
    I have played, the Ic200, 300, and 400 guitars. I currently use an Ic400 with gibson 57 classics. This guitar is okay, but for the money, the Ic400 is a much better buy.
    whiplash_90
    i like it. go home
    rayq78
    its a unique guitar...you have to be dressed very well if youre ganna use it on a gig. play very good too..
    schecter_r0cker
    Best guitar for its price, My brother has it, and the tone, and neck is amazing, and its a great live guitar as well
    xBTBAM413x
    I own this guitar and it's great for playing metal and some hardcore stuff. If you're looking for a good guitar look no further.
    Rev.Lovehandles
    I have this guitar in black. Its very great, sweet low action. And I got it hella cheap from a friend.
    psionideguitar
    595Metallica595 wrote: BAD ASS!
    rhcp_freak wrote: but daron malakian from SOAD uses les pauls which he doesnt use on stage because theyre too heavy for him
    im pretty sure that daron uses an Epiphone SG, not Les Pauls
    jerry.briardy
    I paid $170 a couple of years ago for a 2003. Beautiful guitar, cannot say anything bad about it. I have 23 others but this is my favorite solid body.