Iceman IC300 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman IC300

Purchased from: Coda music, UK

The IC300 is a very "heavy" sound, perfect for metal / heavy metal / contemporary metal. This suits my style perfectly. I am using it with a Marshall 30DFX amp (excellent gain and clean tones). It has a clear heavy sound, with excellent, warm lows and sweet sustain. The IC300 has excellent variety, and can create the heaviest sounding power chords known to man, whilst creating killer solos too. The guitar is excellent to hold, with a very comfortable strapline.

I play contemporary metal, this guitar suits it perfectly. I've been playing for a year or so, with no problems. I play the IC300 with a Marshall amp, Marshall stacks, etc. If this guitar broke, or was stolen, I wouldn't consider buying another guitar, I would go straight back to the iceman. I do not believe that there is anything whatsoever about this guitar that is a negative. If it is treated right, then it will last forever. And play superbly.

This guitar is excellently suited to live playing, so dont worry about it tripping out on you, it is very reliable. The hardware is also of very good quality. The chrome hardware will last forever if it is treated well. The finish is good enough to last. But, the strap buttons will come loose if the guitar is thrashed about too much (I learned the hard way). Overalll, it is very, very reliable and would certainly use it on a gig without a backup.

The guitar was set up very well from the start, and the action is excellent, i have not needed to alter it at all as of yet. The pickups are adjusted almost perfectly. I have not needed to alter the pickups whatsoever. The body is perfect, and looks stunning.

Made in USA - 2 medium frets - One volume, one tone control - Ibanez AH1 (H) neck pickup - Ibanez AH2 (H) bridge pickup - Mahogany - 3pc. maple neck material - Bound rosewood fingerboard - BR-EG Bridge - Ibanez tuners