Iceman IC400 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman IC400

Purchased from: bentleys music

I play mostly punk rock, punk, Velvet Revolver type stuff and a bit of metal and hard rock. This guitar kicks ass in all those genres! The invader gives it an incredible kick & greatly needed high output. One of my fav bands is Blink 182 & the invader makes their songs sound incredible on this guitar because tom uses that same pup. The set-in neck gives great sustain & has a very solid sound & heavy sound when playing metal. when I first got the axe I was using it with a crappy Ibanez 10W wich it still sounded good on but now I play it through a Marshall 50WDFX which makes it sound so much better. I also have a Boss MT-2 pedal for heavier stuff. It obviously gets noisy as I turn my amp gain & volume up but other than that I only get feedbak when I'm trying to get it or standing too close to the amp.

This guitar suits my style of music perfectly especially with the invader. Great for punk & metal in particular. I'm not sure how long I've been playing for. The one thing I should have done before buying this guitar is changing the neck pup 'cause it is just awful. If it were lost or stolen I wud find out who stole it n shuv a pole up there ass! Or I would go buy another one although I don't have much money right now. My fav feature is the body shape & inlays, it just makes it look like a true rock guitar. I tested other Ibanez guitars in this price range but in the end this was the most eye-catching & sounded the best. If you have the cash then I would definately go out & buy this guitar cuz it simply rocks!

I have played a few gigs with it & it's great! I would use it without a backup although I don't have much choice since I only have one guitar. The hardware seems it will last. The strap buttons are solid but I have put on straplocks just incase. The finish is very nice but the one bad thing is that it smudges very easily but a bit of polish would solve the problem.

The guitar was set-up almost perfectly although the action was a little high but that was fixed when I bought it & restrung it. It's perfect now. I changed the bridge pup straight away & that is tight & isnt too close to the strings but the neck pickup is quite loose. The hardware is good quality & the guitar didn't has any scratches or dents when I bought it. Of course now its a different story.

- 3pc IC set-in neck - Mahogany Body - 22 medium frets - Tune-O-Matic - IBZ AH1 (H) neck pu - IBZ AH2 (H) bridge pu - Ibanez tuners - Iceman parallelogram inlays - black finish w/ cream outline on edges - Made in Korea. The inlays are f--ing awesome! Came with a hard case which was $150 so the guitar was $450 and since I changed the bridge pickup to a Seymour Duncan Invader it cost another $120 but I didn't include that in the price. Finish does smudge quite easily but I don't really care 'cause it's not a major thing.